20. In The End, I Still Don't Belong Here

Knowing the scout's situation, Y/n decided to get back home to the old mansion and take her books back. Nobody questioned it and returned the book filled with dust and some had grown some molds.

It was all stored and untouched for seven years in the basement. No one even dared to check in that dark storage.

It was a good thing that it did not entirely destroyed the notes. The pages remained intact and readable despite the smudges.

But Y/n was still disappointed with how these precious valuables were simply left in store to rot. Is the household expecting that no one would retrieve the items back? Or they just didn't care whether the owner is alive of not?

The girl tapped the first book she grabbed, patting it dust off dirt. Her nose felt a little itchy threatening a sneeze but she stopped it in time, quickly putting a finger to her nose.

She collected the notes one by one, wiping the dust first off and stacking them. If only she had some sand paper to smoothen the edges and remove the molds that had inhabited the pages.

After making sure that the items had been saved, she placed them to a wooden storage box and carried it back up with her.

Staying for one day, Y/n left and went straight to the old castle with the stacks of books. Both her cookbooks, researches, fighting techniques her extra diary containing her outrageous thoughts written in her language and a normal journal without her spoilers.

For the first time, Y/n actually recieved an office and room for herself in the scout's new headquarters after Levi squad was finished with the clean up.

The church didn't really agree with the arrangements and had told the Saintess to return to the church and lead the mass.

Y/n, who was a non believer, scoffed the idea off.

Seriously, who suddenly assigns saints while they're in a coma? Not even asking about their opinion if they want to or not. Also, Y/n had more important things to do and using the magic word: "the saintess' words are absolute" to attack back with the priests, they could not refute back. The law states that offending a person appointed by the king is equivalent to facing the guillotine.

So Y/n is a free spirit right now. Even that church can't decide for her.

Although she isn't a soldier anymore, she could still participate in military exchanges.

All thanks to the backdoor entrance that Erwin had opened for her. As once was the previously valued ace of the scout, Y/n's opinions are still very much important as well.

Sitting together with the Levi squad, Hange, Mike and Erwin being present, the atmosphere could be said to he professional. Or half professional at this point as Y/n and Hange's disturbing discussion about titans had started.

All because Hange caught the titans lovingly named as Sawney and Bean.

"So, what happened after?" Y/n was very interested with Hange's titan 101. Seeing how excited she was with this project of hers.

Since it was the first time they caught a titan, the mad scientist was very enthusiastic that Y/n felt helpless and happy just listening to her stories.

Eren, whom have had a taste of the sleepless night listening to Hange felt like he's going to vomit out the words.

"I feel so bad stabbing their eyes I cried so hard." The lady in glasses explained.

Y/n patted her back sympathetic of her friend's explanation. "It's okay Hange, you did well." She praised. "Can I see them?"

"Sure--"