19. The YouTube Chef is Back

What will be your lives be without the beautiful and talented me?

Y/n narcissistic's thought came to her head as she looked at the soldier's meal with pity.

It seemed that they've come back to preparing mashed potato, a piece of hard stale bread and tasteless vegetable soup... that only has about five slices of stewed carrot and two slices of leeks for garnish.

Sighing, she was about to take a spoonful of the dish looking like a spoilt child forced to eat brocolli, she was suddenly put to a stopped when her tray was taken.

Y/n blinked twice and looked at the now empty table in front of her.

Eren watched the scenario with complicated eyes when he saw Levi took the food away. Y/n slowly lifted her head to look at him blankly as if the nightmare was already done playing in front of her. "What kind of food is that?" She blurted.

"It's soldier's food." Levi replied, glaring at her.

"Are you serious? Was my three years of service in the past a mere piece of limited charity? Where are my teachings gone?" She slammed the table dramatically making the little spectator Eren and Levi squad, to flinch in confusion.

Also the same Levi squad, who happened to be in the same room also have a very complicated look on the saintess.

"Obviously, the lack of supplies had caused the meals to go down like this. You think the fall of Maria is a joke?" Levi retorted.

"Aniki." Came Isabel and Farlan who were trying to mediate the two.

Y/n huffed. "That is not what I meant, dear. You think I taught those because it's expensive? I taught those because it's healthy and can be made and found anywhere." She sighed, massaging her temples. "From the very start, I knew  how the government doesn't put special care to the scouts. Don't even mention how the budget's been cut off after the fall."

She sat back down trying to calm herself. Why is Levi asking for a fight again? It's not like she said anything wrong. All the food she made for the soldiers were guaranteed cheap and can be found within the walls or outside walls so it's very accessible for the scouts.

"The reason why we couldn't make those anymore was because the past cooks and notes you've written are gone." Farlan explained.

"What?" The girl was stunned.

"The cooks were taken to serve the military police. While the notes were taken back by the Callenreese estate as your personal belonging and safekeeping."

"Hold up. Why would the cooks serve the mps? They have their own."

"Obviously, orders from higher ups." Isabel explained.

"A bunch of..." Y/n stopped herself and stood up. "I'm going to the kitchen." She said before disappearing into their sights.

"Captain, shouldn't we stop the saintess? She might hurt herself." Petra asked worried about the consequences from the church if Y/n ever gets hurt.

Isabel smiled at her. "It's okay." She said. "I heard from miss Hange that Y/n was their 'nutritionist'. Y/n was the one who supervised the change of our soldiers diet when she was still the commander vice." Finishing the explanation, Levi squad including Eren were surprised.