11. Unexpected and Uninvited Guest

The hooves running around to create a formation which separated each group on different wings.

Y/n who was usually frontline oriented was too focus on her surroundings. Her eyes and ears were sharp enough and as much as a single off color difference would make her turn.

It's how she usually operates and she is used to doing it alone. But since she has someone following her at the back, she couldn't just recklessly go on and try to capture a titan but ends up killing it with disappointment.

Y/n have preferences when it comes to capturing titans alive. First, it's supposedly small. At least one or two meters short. Second, it must be someone who has a hard time mobilising itself so that it can be held down and lessen people's fear once it was pulled down. Third and somehow impossible,  a titan that can talk.

It was the type of titan that she preferred. But since none of the criteria goes together, she didn't bother with it anymore. She just wanted to capture and experiment on one before Hange finds her passion and change her place someday.

Green smokes were fired up on the left, the girl looked at it and nodded to the other squad to fire the same. The signal flares were indication of titans on a certain flank and when shot, gives notice to other flanks that could see the signal continuously until the very end unit that saw it. It was a strategy to let others know that they sighted titans and what kind of titan it was.

As soon as the message were passed on, everyone continued.

"Two titans spotted!" From the front, as one of the soldiers had announced, walked two fifteen meter titan.

Y/n blinked at it only to see three particular individuals rushing towards the giant creatures.

"You three!" The other squad had shouted in distress as they saw them leave their horses and zipped their way towards the titan's nape.

Y/n stared, not saying much and simply watched even if the other squad had asked her to stop her subordinates because they might die. Although that's normal thinking when you recruit new people who doesn't have prior experience when killing titans, these three are different.

The girl simply shrugged as if saying: let them have their fun.

Within a few minutes to spare, titans had actually been successfully slain.

Y/n rushed towards them and saw the proud look on both Isabel and Farlan beside the lying titan. She is proud too, but didn't let the expression come out. Only giving them a solemn look.

"Good job on your first kill. But do not waste to much gas. You don't know how many will come at you later." She told them. "Call your horses, we mustn't stray far from the formation."

Her eyes then landed to the other titan where Levi had his first kill. Y/n simply approached him and said the same. "You have a decent speed and strength, use it to your advantage. Don't rely to much on the leverage of your equipment, it's more powerful if you properly utilize your body weight." She suggested.

The ravonette looked up at her from the horse. The wind blew past them and he watched as both her hair and cape fluttered softly with the breeze. She looked majestic while she sat on the reigns and the sun peeking behind her as if it was intended to be there.

"Since you're a special case, I know you can utilize what I'm advising you to put to practice." She explained with the same cold demeanor. She finally had her horse to move forward after the conversation and everyone followed suit.

The run continued later on. Y/n looked up and felt the streak of cold air hitting her with the clouds beginning to make the sky dim.

Soon it was going to rain, making her unconsciously turned towards the trio who seemed to have finally immersed themselves to the job.