02. When You Meet Unexpected Side Characters that You Love

Y/n carried her lunch tray of bread, mashed potato and vegetable stew. Her eyes were scanning the vacant chairs until she found the empty corners.

It was evening after the introduction and the announcement of dinner was probably the best thing Y/n had heard that day, considering that they stayed up the entire day standing without eating anything at all.

Sitting her way to an empty chair, another person actually made its way with her and sat across her seat. Making Y/n look front and to her surprise, a familiar brunette with glasses was smiling at her.

"Hi!" She greeted in such a friendly way.

Y/n nods at her. "Hello. I'm Y/n." She introduced.

"I'm Hange Zoe. Nice to meet you! I heard you wanted to do research on titans." She said.

"Yes. Are you perhaps interested as well?" Y/n who had an expressionless face was actually fangirling in her head while staring at the bubbly woman.

But to her surprise, Hange Zoe shook her head. "Titans are already scary as it is. I'd probably die if I get caught because of research." She laughed honestly.

Y/n blinked twice. "Oh."

Hange wasn't probably interested at first. Y/n remembered Hange from the anime saying that she's lost hope and just went around killing titans because they killed her friends and comrades until she kicked one in the head realizing how light they were... that's where she started becoming interested in research, right?

"Well, don't feel sad." Hange said. "What you're aiming for is at least noble than those scums who only wants to live leisurely in the interiors." The woman exclaimed.

Y/n bit her spoon out of embarrassment. "Thank you, miss Hange."

The brunette laughed. "Don't sweat it, Y/n. It's quite true. And just call me Hange."

"Yes, of course!" Y/n brightened up. She got permission by her queen! She internally screamed.

"You're quite small Y/n. How old are you?"

"I'm 12."

"Well you look 10 at least."

Yeah... I know. Y/n sighed and nodded in disappointment. It's probably because the parents are punishing her by not letting her eat more than just in breakfast.

"And how old are you?" The girl asked.

"Well I'm sixteen. Quite the big sister now." She laughed.

Y/n hummed.

"You're from wall Sina, right? How did you get here?" Hange asked again.

"Well... I..." Y/n sheepishly scratched her chin before speaking. "Walked."

"Alone?"

"Alone."

"You sound like a runaway noble, you know that." Hange laughed, trying to joke.