21. Heichou, Calm Down!

"Let's talk." He pulled her with him towards his office. Y/n had no other choice but to follow.

The hall was quiet and only two pair of unmatched steps was walking side by side.

Y/n's face had been set straight from the very start, making her thoughts very unreadable. Her eyes looked around the way and could only assume that this was the way towards Levi's office. Meanwhile, Levi looked like he actually had a lot of things going on in his mind whether he wanted to say it to Y/n or not, that's what Y/n's only thought.

Reaching a door somewhere in the second floor, Levi lead the door open, looked at Y/n as if inviting her in so she simply acquiesced. She got in first only to realize that it was actually Levi's room instead of his office, making her turn around to look at him questioning.

"What is it that you want to talk about?" The girl asked.

She actually think thay it has something  to do about their incident seven years ago but Y/n, for the love of wall Rose, wished that the topic would be otherwise.

Levi stared, hesitated but still spoke. "You should know." He replied seriously.

Y/n pursed her lips, placed a hand on her chin and pretended to think because she seriously could not put this into her thoughts at all.

"Seven years ago three nights before the expedition." He reminded.

Y/n hardly swallowed the building up nervousness from her throat and looked to the oil lamp on the table to distract herself before opening her mouth to speak.

"You know, I've told you before dear, it's not something we both wanted." It's been seven years my friend, are you still caught up? We were also drunk so it's not your fault.

He stared again, a glare could actually be the more appropriate word. "You're wrong." Levi sighed exasperated.

Y/n looked back at him confused. "What do you mean?" Weren't they both drunk. Was that something that you wanted???

"I knew what happened. Although you couldn't, I am partly responsible for taking advantage of the situation." He admitted.

Y/n's expression did not change. But she was inwardly surprise and wanted to hide her face again because of shame. "I see. But I don't. You can just forget it too." She said seriously.

"You think that's easy?" Levi frowned in distaste. He stepped closer to her finally facing her closely.

The girl wanted to step back but the bed was already behind, making her a bit out of option but to face it head on. They stared at each other and Y/n began to feel undoubtedly uncomfortable.

Her heart was uneasy and awkward. But Levi remained solemn, he looked at her almost wanting to touch her face but stopped himself. He needed the affirmation from Y/n but was afraid of her continuous rejections as well.

"Y/n," he started almost like a misty whisper. "Stay by my side."

His memories started trailing towards the lifeless and bloodied image of her in his arms. It felt cold and lonely. Whenever he remembered that scene, his body flashed electric currents and his nerves spreading an odd strength.

Whenever her sleeping image in that glass coffin where he would always hope that one day, she would open those eyes again crossed his mind, the same thing ignited again and again.

Then his realisation had struck his conscious. Why he goes out there, preventing titans from possible invasion. Why he couldn't stand the thought of those creatures coming closer to where she was lying down.