13. Dead But Not Dead

He was getting closer and closer. He managed his horse to run more and more until from the fog, he saw the titan opening its mouth.

The unconscious female hung on its hand. Helpless.

His eyes widened watching as the woman was wholly swallowed through its mouth.

No!

Levi shouted despairingly as he took out his sword and felt a surge of pressure ran deep within his blood.

Anger, desperation, adranaline. He didn't know which vessel rushed into his body as he charged in an inhumane speed as if something had snapped and like lightning, his nerves flickered and cut the giant hand that had once held the girl. The titan looked around but the next attack came to its back. It was attacked multiple times to the point that it staggered.

Levi finished off his gas to the very end and hit the nape as it fell to the ground. While doing so, he dug through its steaming stomach and finally brought her back out in one piece.

Her eyes were closed and her body, covered in a slimy substance belonging to the titan's stomach.

He lay her down on the ground and began to do cpr. He kept on putting pressure at between her chest until there was a little cough.

His heart eased hearing the small sound. She opened her eyes half and saw a blurry image in front of her. But basing on the structure, she can tell it was Levi.

"Is everyone... alive?" She weakly asked.

"Yes. How are you feeling?" He asked.

His frown deepened seeing the look of relief in her blurry eyes.

"Nothing." She whispered. The girl closed her eyes once more ignoring Levi's calls.

.

.

.

Isabel, Farlan and the others were rushing back from where they left Y/n.

At most, Levi was the fastest among them and hoped that either Y/n managed to kill that titan or Levi managed to buy time and saved her.

After saving Erwin from his possible death, everyone were too worried that their vice commander didn't even arrive in the scene. They did believe her skills that she could handle that titan, but thinking about it, Y/n had also killed more titans earlier so her gas storage is probably little to none.

Rushing onto the scene they were met with a titan already beginning to steam off of existence. Beside it was Levi's back, standing in front of them while in his arms, was another person.

"Aniki!" Isabel called out, getting off her horse and ran towards him, Farlan followed suit.

Levi turned around and they finally had a clear view of the female he was carrying. Blood on her mouth, eyes closed and body dangled in his arms like a lifeless marionette.

Erwin went closer with a medic on his side to check her pulse and shook his head. "It's almost faint. We might not make it even if we rush back."

"Are you sure?" Isabel was a little bit teary.

"Let's go back--" before Erwin could finish, he heard a short cough. His eyes quickly turned around to look back at her.

Her eyes were slightly blurry. They can tell that she couldn't see.

"Commander..." her tone was soft and weak. Her hand twitch trying to reach someone out in the air in expectations.

Erwin quickly came closer and touched her forehead. "Yes, I'm here." Then her grabbed her outreached hand.