12. Play A Game Of Fools

Y/n remained stupefied as she stared at the very creature in front of her.

Not because she was stunned that he can speak, but the fact that his appearance seemed to have come earlier than expected.

The beast titan was holding her like an icecream cone. But pretending to be oblivious of the fact that she knew that he speaks and is a human inside, Y/n naturally had to act even more shocked.

"You're speaking." She started to say with a shaky voice. Although she knew that, she was still scared. Looking at Zeke's titan form face to face is just... horrifying

Zeke, who heard her words, laughed. His voice was resonating everywhere that gave one a sense of tingle in the air. A tingle that would make one fear because of how it sounded. "I knew it. We speak the same language." The grin was even more obvious that he is looking at her like she is an ignorant mortal.

"How do you speak?" Y/n inquired. She was a little bit calmer knowing that this person at least have his reasoning ability and wouldn't impulsively eat her, but she was still afraid that Zeke might throw her into a titan den if she so much as displease him.

The beast titan grinned. "Curious?"

"Yes. It's my job!" She said, although her facial muscles had given up to her once again looking very nonchalant, her eyes still had that desperation. "Did you perhaps lived with humans? Do you have urges to eat humans like other titans?" She asked.

Y/n continuously inquires him as if he was a fellow human to her. Somehow it made Zeke want to laugh, after all, it's quite one in a million to see someone would have the guts to look at a titan in the eye and ask.

But deep down, Y/n was simply starting up a conversation as survival instinct. She was afraid out of wits and no one can save her but herself at this point. Maybe by distracting Zeke, could she gain a momentum to escape since she wasn't expecting to be spared even if she beg for it.

"I'm sorry for being very talkative mr. Titan, but it's the first time I've seen a creature like you that can talk. It's quite fascinating and your height too its already around 20 meters. I've only seen 15 meters so far. Are you perhaps a hybrid titan?"

She continued on without stopping. Hoping that he'd loose hold while being distracted and Y/n could use that to her advantage to escape. But even if he didn't, the only thing she needs is him, being defenseless even for one second.

She was clearly sure of one thing. That Zeke would kill her eventually after inquiring about her maneuver gear--isn't that how he killed Mike?

Zeke remained staring at her. He would sometimes hum or breathe deep but he didn't say a word in response. He let the small human talk in his hand looking at it with a complicated stare.

He Did not know if he should answer her or he should ask he questions instead.

True to his goal, he decided to ignore the girl's inquiry and asked instead. "How do you use these things?" He asked.

Y/n stopped talking as well and blankly looked at him. "It's a military secret. But if you answer my questions as well, I'd oblige." She replied. Her heart was beating so fast she can feel her ribcage about to crack.

How come this self sacrifice turned out to become like this? The plan was only to save Isabel and Farlan! But what the heck is Zeke doing here right now?!

Y/n wanted to cry.

This isn't how she imagined her ending. Well... she didn't really want to imagine her ending. But isn't this a bit too out of script?!