Chapter 41: Babysitting pt.2

Friday February 18th

Andi's POV:

I didn't have school today which was really amazing because I don't think my body can handle the pressure of walking up and down stairs all day with crutches. Unfortunately both of my parents had work today so I was stuck doing unpaid babysitting. But so far we've been doing our own thing and hopefully it stays that way. Drew and I didn't get to do anything for Valentine's Day, we're planning on doing something at my house today, and school was out meaning she could come earlier.

I had to go redress the wounds on my stomach from me making some art on myself the other day. We're not gonna talk about that, okie. Surprisingly they weren't that bad, just a little red. "SIS- what happened?" The brother of mine asks as he burst through my room of course.
"Ford."
"You should get his nails clipped geez. Anyways Drewy is here!"
"Ok, thanks you."
"Yea yea. I'm finishing my movie."

"What crawled up his butt today?"
"Honestly, I have no idea."
"Haha." She came over to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Did Ford actually do these?" She asked with her head resting on my shoulder.
"Yes. My slicy dicey is named Ford. So technically I'm not lying."
"How long this time?"
"Almost 2 weeks." I sighed.
"Hey, you made a little progress this time. There's no need to feel upset. Next time I know you'll make it farther. I believe in you."
"Thank you. Have you ever realized how I'm older than you but yet you're wiser." 
"Honestly I don't care who's older or younger. I'll always protect you and tell you how much I love and appreciate you. And I know you'll do the same. To me age doesn't really matter." 

"SISSY! SISSY!?"
"Never get a break with this child." We both said in unison making each other laugh.
"SISSY IM HUNGRY!! CAN YOU MAKE DINO NUGGETS PLEASE?!?
"Would you like dino nuggets my love?"
"Yes please."
"SISSY!! PLEASE!!"
"I'm coming!"

We made our way downstairs to cook and the young boy stood in front of the television. I'm not even gonna ask why but we're gonna let him do him. If he goes blind then it's his fault not mine. I took the chicken, wait, dino nuggets out the freezer and popped them into air fryer. I don't know who invented this little contraption but I love it and this person deserves the world. Do you know how much shorter it takes for me to make food?!? IN. LOVE.

"Mason?"
"What?"
"What do you want for the side?"
"Fries."
"That's it?"
"Yea."

Something was off about him but I do t what it was. Im just gonna leave him to it. With our nuggets and fries in the air fryer, I decided to make milkshakes for our drink. "I still don't see how your walking." Drew said obviously referring to my cast. Honestly it hurts like a bitch to walk on this thing but I don't like dragging my crutches everywhere so I put up with it. "It's not that bad."

"I don't see how. Your toes are purple."
"Really?" I looked down and she wasn't lying. "Geez."
"Do you elevate your foot at night?"
"Nah."
"The least you could do it that so your foot isn't a freaking blueberry! Once we're done you're not doing anything else for the rest of the day."
"I-"
"I said that."
"Fine."

We all sat in the living room as we ate. Of course we watched a movie with it and Drew made me put my foot up on the end of couch. Mason on the other hand barely touched his food but devoured his drink. "Mason you good buddy?" Drew asked him.
"Just sleepy." He mumbled. "Can I save these for later?"
"Yea just go put them on the counter by the microwave."

He got up to go do that and I yawned. "I'm sleepy." I mumbled and nuzzled closer into Drew's lap. "Go to sleep buba."
"I might. But Mason is really worrying me though."
"I'll see what's wrong with him."
"Thanks you. Nighty night."
"Night love."

Drew's POV:

Andi had finally fell asleep on me and Mason was still watching the movie but I could tell that Mason was fidgety and something was desperately bothering him. "Masemellow?"
"Hm?"
"What's wrong buddy?"
"Nothing."
"Mase."
"Drew."
"What's wrong?"
"If I tell you, you can't tell sissy ok?"
"I won't. I promise."

He came and crawled into the seat next to me. "I'm scared." he whispered. "Why buddy?" he slowly pointed to Andi and looked back up at me. "you're scared of sissy? why?"
"I heard mommy and mama talking and they said that she keeps doing things to herself, like bad things."
"That makes you scared?"
"Yes because I don't want her doing that because what happens if she keeps hurting herself and then I can't have my sissy anymore?"

By the end of his sentence he had a little tears falling out. I took my hand and wiped them away from his face. Honestly it sucked seeing Mason like this, worried for the life of his sister. I know how close they're relationship is and it breaks my heart that he knows that if Andi keeps doing this, then she won't be here. And now with him telling me this, I realize that he most likely knows those cuts didn't come from Ford.

I wish I could tell Andi about this but a promise is a promise. I can't betray his trust like that.

"Hey, it's gonna be ok. I know your sister is doing some bad things right now but there's no need to be scared, ok? The only thing we can do right now is be there for her because if she sees that you're scared, she'll be scared and probably do more things to herself, and we don't want that. All you can do is be the happy, goofy, sassy Mason that you are and I can promise you that helps a lot. We also just have to remind her that we love her everyday as well, and I know that she loves us just as much ok?"

"okay." He crawled on me and hugged me tightly. I could still feel his warm tears falling on my shirt but it's not a problem. "You ok now? Now that you've let what was wrong." He just nodded slowly. "Ok. Good job buddy."
"I gonna go eat my nuggets now."
"Ok."

A/N: Chapter is short but it's a sweet chapter. the next chapter will be a little longer but i still hoped you all enjoyed this one. enjoy the rest of your night/ day - Shay :D