Chapter 12: The New Girl

I love you too.

Wednesday, November 3rd

As the young person sat in English class, taking notes for the upcoming test, there was a knock at the door of the classroom. Soon entering a mysterious girl who she had never seen before and the principal. The girl stood shyly in the corner of the room as the two adults talked to each other for a second.

Andi soon made eye contact with her and scanned her as if she was a video game character. Tall, long legs paired well with the blue jean shorts she had on. Along with the oversized shirt and her french braided hair. As soon as the door shut it caused the both of them to break contact and focus.

"Alright students we have a new student joining us. This is Drew. She will be joining us for the remainder of the year. You can go find a seat anywhere." The girl smiled lightly and made her way to an empty seat by Andi. Which threw her off guard a bit. "Is this seat taken?" She asked. Her voice was like music. It just flowed so freely. "No. You can sit there." Andi smiled.
"I'm Drew." She stuck out her hand to shake.
"Alessandra but call me Andi." And she did the same hand gesture.
"Can I see your schedule, if you don't mind." Andi asked her. She grabbed it out her folder and handed it to her. Andi looked over it and then handed it back. "Everything that's underlined is what classes we have together."
"So all our morning classes."
"Mhm."

Just then the bell rung and so they packed up all their stuff. "See you next period." Andi said and walked out.
"Wait. Where is the classroom?"
"Oh. Upstairs."
"Is it ok if I follow you?"
"I usually meet up with my girlfriend during this time. I'm sorry."
"It's fine. Thanks." She said disappointed.
"Anytime."

Andi went off to meet with Sophie before going to class. The whole time she was walking there, she was thinking about the new girl. Why did she sound sad when I said I had a girlfriend? Andi thought to herself. She just shrugged it off and then found the girl she was looking for at her locker.
"Hello princesa." Sophie said and then closed the locker door. "You ready?"
"Yep."
They didn't have the same classes but because they were right across the hall from each other, why not walk together.

"There's a new girl." Andi said. "She's nice and sweet."
"I heard. Drew. She tried out for the softball team."
"Did she make it?"
"No, sadly but she will be managing though."
"That's good."
"Mhm."

The two of them made it to their perspective classes and waved each other off. As Andi walked in Drew was sitting at the desk in front of where Andi usually sits.
"We meet again." Andi jokingly said and sat down.
"I see." Drew smiled. "Um what are we supposed to be doing?"
"Oh. Since it's not that many kids in this class-"
"10 to be exact."
"Yea. Since there's not many of us, some of us are on yearbook and others are on monthly newspaper."
"What about you?"
"I usually do both."
"How?"
"I write short stories for the newspapers. Like depending on the month and time of year I'll write accordingly to that. And I also do interviews for the yearbooks."
"How do you have time to manage this stuff? I'm always busy with something so I barely have time to work on one article."
"I don't do anything really. I'm free 24/7. So in my free time I'm writing."
"Cool. What short story do you plan on doing this month?"
"Well it's November and so thanksgiving is a holiday. I want to do some type of horror story around it. Everyone loves the horror stories more than anything."
"Cool."

"Yea. If you submit a story or interview or something that you've done, the teacher can tell you what you can work on or be apart of."
"Oh I already did. I'm just waiting for a response now."
"Cool. Where are you from exactly?"
"New York."
"Nice. I plan on going to college up there."
"If you get accepted you should. I've been to a bunch of writing camps so it's worth it in my opinion."
"I'll definitely see what I can do. Tell me more about you. Like why did you move from New York?"
Drew sighed. "If it's a problem the you don't have to say it." Andi said. Not wanting to make the girl uncomfortable.
"No, no it's not a problem. It's just still hard to say."
"What happened?"