Chapter 38: Confrontation

Saturday February 5th

Andi and Drew were still cuddled up in the embrace of each other. Well Drew was awake but the other girl was asleep. Drew had actually been awake for a while now. She couldn't really sleep at all last night. Given how tiny she was, she was able to slip out of bed without to much movement. She grabbed a pair of joggers and slipped them on before walking out.

The older women of the house were downstairs watching the news and drinking coffee, all in all just enjoying the quiet house. "Morning Drew." Danielle said with a quiet smile.
"Good morning." There was a hint of unassurance in her throat. She sat down at the table and silently thought to herself before speaking out.

"Can I ask you guys something?"
"Always bambina, what's up?"
"Ok so...last night me and Andi were watching a movie and...and I noticed something about her."
"What did you see?" Danielle became slightly more involved in this than the news.

"Imma let her tell you that but I wanna talk to her about it but I don't want to make her upset, makes sense?"
"Yea." Both parents stated.
"So how do I get her to talk about it without making her upset or feel guilty?"
"Just go for it, honestly bambina. She does have a very bad attitude and temper when someone tries to talk about it. Especially about stuff when she's the main victim but eventually she'll realize it's just for the better."
"Ok. Thank you."
"If things get to far out of hand, just let us know and we can all sit down together, alright?"

Drew nodded and then get up from the table, making her way back upstairs. "You're awake." Drew said.
"I am. Can we cuddle please?" The girl in bed asked sheepishly. Drew just stood there at the door for a while, gathering her thoughts. "Love? What's wrong? What's going on? Did I do something?"
"Can I talk to you?"
"Yea of course. Always."

Andi's heart was pretty much beating out her chest. She didn't know what to expect from her but her mind went into overthinking mode. Did she do something wrong? Did she say something wrong? Drew came back over and sat on the other side of the bed as Andi sat up from under the blanket. "Buba why?"
"Why what?" Andi just looked confused but then she got an idea of what she was talking about.

"You saw?"
"Of course I saw!! Why would you do something like that to yourself?"
Andi tried to talk. She opened her mouth but no words fell out. She just sighed. Even though the other girl wasn't trying to make her girlfriend guilty, that's exactly how she felt. Like she was being found guilty for murder and would lose her mind for years being trapped in the metal box. Or if she said the wrong thing right now, she'll lose everything she ever owned and loved and won't see it for years.

"Show me your arm, please." Andi lifted her arms out from under the blanket.  They were red of course. Some were healed some weren't. Some looked like they were put there a week ago and others looked like they were there from two days ago. Yep, guilty. Drew get teary eyed and started silently crying a little. "Andi, why?"

"I don't know." She mumbled.
"What does that even mean?! You don't know? There's obviously something causing you to hurt yourself!"
"I... I don't know, ok?!?"
"Andi!" Without realizing it Drew started to grip her arm very hard. Causing Andi to try to pull away from her but just made it worse. Drew was still talking but all Andi could focus on was the fingers getting pressed into her skin. "Can you please let go of my arm?" She said on the verge of tears. Whimpering at every tug and pull. "Drew please let go."

Neither one of them was listening to each other. It was like they were in their own little bubble in their own world. "DREW YOU'RE HURTING ME!!" Andi screamed to the top of her lungs. Drew looked down and quickly let go of her arm. Completely in shock of what she had just done. "I...I am so, so sorry. I'm just... imma go. Imma-" She couldn't even finish her sentence. Drew just quickly got out of bed and grabbed her stuff.
"Drew." Andi trailed off.
"I'll see you at school Monday. Hopefully." She said and then walked out the room, downstairs, and out the door.

Little did each other know, both girls were completely beating themselves up for what had happened. Andi was laying in bed crying silently to herself. Letting her mind tell her that if she hadn't starting harming herself none of this would've happened. No one would feel bad for her. As Drew walked home, slowly, she was crying and beating herself up. Her mind telling her that she was becoming another person like her dad. Something that she refrained from her whole life.

They were each other's strong point. They both felt safe in each other's atmosphere. But was that coming to an end now?

A/N: this was short and trashy but I do plan on updating again today so bare with me. Don't kill tho pls. But I hope y'all enjoyed and enjoy the rest of your day/night -Shay :)