seventeen|we need to stop

I totally am not ready for tomorrow.

~
*Beep Beep Beep* I heard my alarm clock going off. I turned it off and sighed as I look at the ceiling. Not a minute later I heard my phone's notification. billie.

Bils

You awake now?

Yeah.

Be there at 6:40. See you there. The van I'm in will be picking you up.

Okayyy

~~

I stood up and grabbed the things I need. And went straight to my car. I drove to where we were supposed to meet, and arrived there at 6:30 am. I like being early. Not at school though.

Not long after Billie's van came. I hopped in and saw her smiling. I give her a fake smile. I really don't want to be a diva right now but, I'm on one of those days that's the absolute worst. (You know what I'm talking about)

I turned my head away from her and just sat there as the van goes to the venue. "Are...you okay?" She looked at me concerned. I nodded and smiled at her.

We soon arrived at the venue. We were flooded by paparazzi's, so of course billie held my hand.

When we got in her dressing room, I'm surprised she hasn't let go of my hand so I did. But she looked at me a bit sad. I don't understand, did she want me to hold her hand?

"Oh hey sweetie, how are you?" Maggie asked hugging me. "I'm good, what about you?" I asked as she pulled away from the hug. "I'm doing great," she smiled.

The team that were assigned for the dresses handed me what I was supposed to wear and I wore it. As I came out the little closet, I saw billie and God, she looks stunning. I looked at her up and down. She's perfect, from every angle.

Then our eyes met and her eyes were trying to tell me something. Something that I cannot pin point. She smiled at me, I smiled back.

~
"7 grammy nominations, billie eilish. That's incredible. Totally incredible. How does it feel to be nominated 17 times but only at the age of 20?" The interviewee asked.

"It's surreal, I mean, I genuinely am so thankful. You see for me it's not even about winning, the fact that I'm nominated for 7 grammys is already a huge thing for me. And the total of seventeen?! It's just surreal." She responded, with slight hand gestures. The interviewee nodded and smiled.

"So may I ask, who is the lovely woman beside you right now. Is she your date?" He asked. She smiled and turned to me. "This is athena... My girlfriend. And yes she is my date tonight" she said blushing. I smiled at her and blushed at her comment.

~
The awards show started a few hours ago, and we were down to the last one billie was nominated in. She held my hand and looked down. I looked at her. "And the grammy goes to.... Billie Eilish" we jumped in shock. She looked at me and smiled. I stood up to hug her. She went closed and gave me a peck on the lips. This one... it, felt different than the kiss we shared before. I know it's just a peck but, it's somewhat different. I just froze there. FUCK not now.

She hugged finneas, maggie, claudia, and patrick and went to the stage.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I... Uh, thank you to the academy, my team, my family, my bestfriends, the fans. And of course, this song wouldn't be possible, if I don't have the person I wrote it for... Athena." She said looking at me and smiling. What does she mean she wrote for me?

--
Rewind:

Billie and i were at the hollywood sign. Where the sun touches the ground. (Sunset) what a beautiful place.

"I don't want it, and i don't want to want you. But in my dreams I seem to be more honest and I must admit, you've been in quite a few." She sang.

"Is that a new song?" I asked. "I've been working on it for some time now." She said looking at the view. "who's the song for?" I smirked and elbowed her. "Um... No need to know" she said laughing. "And why can't I know?" I said jokingly. I wasn't forcing her or anything. "I don't trust you" she said looking down then looking right up me. I give her a death stare, then started laughing. "Fine" I rolled my eyes at her playfully.

--
(Back to the present)

She went backstage and took a few photos with the 5 grammys she won. After that I went straight to her dressing room and she was behind me. We entered the room. I was thinking if I should just let it out now. I was debating on telling her. "Congratulations, on the grammys" I smiled. But FUCK it here goes nothing. "Can we... Can we talk? Alone?" I said. She nodded and sent the people out of the room.

"What is it?" She asked. "Look, billie I think we should stop now" I said looking down. "what do you mean?" She asked confused. "This, thing... This pretending to be your girlfriend. Look billie, you said you weren't doing this for the money. It's to get him back, right? He came back. Not just how it's supposed to be. But he did. So we can end this now." I said nervously but I kept my cool. She looked at me frustrated, with here eyes glossy. Why is she acting like this.

"No one... No one really wants to be with me huh?" She said as her tears fall down. She opened the door and walked away. Shit.

"Billie wait! It's not that! It's not that way!" I said following her behind. I saw maggie and the crew looking at us. "Billie!" I called out. Which made her stop her tracks. We ended up in the fire exit, there were no one in there. Except for us.

"It's not like that" I said softly. "Then Gosh damn it what is it athena!" She said angrily. " I want to stop whatever this is because I'm already falling for you!!" I blurted out. Holy shit.