sixteen|not ready

And there we are. We sat there together. Looking at the beautiful world. And here I was seeing the world through her eyes.

Athena pov

I placed my head on Billie's shoulder as I look at the tremendous view. I want to stay like this for a while, I want to stay in this moment where I couldn't think of anything, where I feel like I have nothing to worry, where there was only me and billie.

I felt her hand reaching for mine, so I placed my hand on hers as she interlocks our fingers. I smiled. This is such a beautiful place. Such a beautiful moment.

~
We stayed there about two hours more and then she dropped me at my apartment.

I laid down, looking at the ceiling. I couldn't stop thinking of the moment we shared, the way our hands held, the way my head was resting on her shoulder while we saw the breathtaking view. I couldn't stop thinking... About her.

But I know some point I just have to stop. If I keep on going with her, I'm afraid I won't be able to stop myself anymore. And then I would be wishing for her more, craving for her more, and I don't want that. Knowing she probably doesn't feel the same, but a part of me tells me 'what if she actually feels the same? And she afraid to admit it because she thinks I probably don't feel the same'

I got up to grab my phone, I scroll through Instagram and saw a fan post paparazzi photo of me and billie while we were at the hollywood sign.

I saw that billie liked the photo and has commented

Liked by billieeilish and 168,067
(Caption) i think they're actually meant for each other 🥺❤️ forever @billieeilish @athenaaaa:)

6,896 comments
billieeilish forever.❤️

I found myself smiling, but then again, I remember what I just had thought. She could be just doing these because it was part of the pretending. I'm really starting to wish this was real.

My thoughts were soon interrupted by my phone ringing. Well of course.

I answered the phone call "hello?" I said. "It's your birthday next week!?!" Billie yelled. How did she know? "Yeah" I say shortly. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said. I laughed, not knowing what to say.

She started ranting about about space and how was the earth a floating ball. I just laughed and laughed. When I'm with her, or when I'm talking to her. It feels like nothing matters except for me and her and the moment we are in at. I closed my eyes as I listen to her rant more but eventually fell asleep.

Minutes later I was still asleep but I thought I heard a whisper.

"Goodnight.. I love you" I smiled at what I thought I heard, then fell back right into sleep.

~
Three months later
(Sorry for the sudden time skip. Reminder when I wrote this the grammys2022 was still not up)

Billie released her album 2 months ago and a month ago it was announced that she was nominated for 7 grammys. I'm so proud of her.

I've been totally distant and I know she noticed because she would text me if she has done something wrong, I would just say I was busy doing school work, which I also was, but I didn't want to be around her much.

But tomorrow, it's a big day for her. It's the grammys. And she invited me to come as her date. We also got three interviews together. As much as I don't want to go, I feel a bit bad if I don't. And it's also a big day for her. So I decided to come but leave right after the event.

I totally am not ready for tomorrow.

______________________________________
a/n: y'all know I'm lazy so I don't proof read. If I have errors in the past chapters, I apologize HAHHAHA. Anyways I've been posting twice a day lately... So this one has to be short😉

What could happen next