Chapter Eighteen - Cassandra*

Beginne am Anfang

"And does she know that you're in here with me?"

"Absolutely. She's next door." His answer was immediate and stern.

"I've read your file, you've definitely got some trust issues when it comes to men. Some well earned trust issues I might add." There was compassion in Tristan's voice as he spoke the words.

"Would you prefer a demonstration from my submissive? To learn by example?"

Nodding my head, let out a sigh of relief, feeling much more comfortable with a woman in the room.

"Fair enough."

Tristan fired off a quick text and within seconds an icy blonde with gray blue eyes entered the room.

"This is Liv." Tristan said proudly as he planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

My eyes scanned the breathtaking woman as she walked in. She was poised and confident with a peaceful calm about her that put me at ease. Her eyes swept over me then back to Tristan, waiting for directives. There was something electric between them, a sexual tension that could be felt from across the room and I couldn't pull my eyes away.

I was going to ask Liv if she felt comfortable showing me a few things, but it was as if she had forgotten I was in the room, with her eyes fixated on Tristan.

"What are you thinking?" Tristan asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"Nothing." I shot him a pointed scowl as I tried to refocus.

"You don't like me much do you?" Tristan chuckled.

"You manipulated me and played on my insecurities, so short answer? No I don't."

Running his hands down Liv's arms from behind, Tristan lost some of the sarcastic edge to his voice and I almost saw compassion in his eyes.

"My intention wasn't to make you feel insecure. I was trying to make you realize how possessive you are over Wade. That deep down there's a part of you that wants to please him. If anything, his deviation from his usual selection only highlights how obsessed he is with you. For example, if you saw a vegetarian consume a steak. The drastic change in preference only speaks to the high quality of the steak and the vegetarians insatiable need for it. Don't feel insecure Cassandra, Wade is all consumed by you."

Did he just insinuate that I was a piece of meat? Normally I'd never allow a man to speak to me like this, nor would I take those words as a compliment, but here I am, swooning over the most ridiculous things. What's wrong with me?

The thought of Wade seeking me out over all others made me feel powerful and wanted in a way I'd never felt before, but I was still out of my element. There were so many rules and expectations that I didn't understand. So many unknowns.

"I guess I'm just overwhelmed by what I don't know." I admitted, feeling more comfortable opening up to Tristan now that Liv was in the room.

"We could show you." Liv offered in a genuine voice before sending her gaze up to Tristan.

"Fantastic idea, Cassandra may be a visual learner." Tristan said as he helped both of us to our feet.

And I prefer her over you.

He walked toward the door and I took a seat off to the side in a chair, determined to take in as much information as I could.

Liv lowered herself down into her knees slowly and gracefully.

"I wait like this until Tristan enters the room. Kneeling, sitting back on my heels, knees spread, chest out, and head down." Liv said as she demonstrated.