Episode 2 "The Man in the SUV" Part 1

Start from the beginning

I started to shake a bit more and Temp notices. She grabs my hand from under the table and shouts at Hodgins, "JACK! We're trying to work." "Someone seems really defensive about the FBI lately. You realize Booth is just another government stooge ..." I look down thinking that Hodgins is also referring to me as well and I squeeze Temps hand a little trying to calm down. Booth comes up from behind Hodgins as Temp speaks up, "This has nothing to do with Booth." Booth then speaks up, "I don't enjoy having squints on my team any more than you like me on yours. But, you know, we're supposed to be working together. Okay?" Hodgins nods, "Sure. So what do we do. Group hug?" Hodgins goes in for a hug as Booth pushes him away, making me chuckle a bit calming me down as I let go of Temps hand and let her work. Booth then speaks up, "Agent Gibson here will be overseeing things for Homeland Security." "I'll try not to be in the way." Temp then pipes in "We don't need to be overseen."

"That's really not your call, Bones. Okay, how soon can we get the DNA match?" I pip in with a smile, "That will take day's Ranger. But lucky for you I am not like other squints. I am your berry squint so I can get a match much sooner than that. We have all we need." Agent Gibson speaks in, "You're gonna be able to ID him from that?" Zack then cuts in, "Asking stuff like that is 'in the way'." I speak in again, "What he is actually trying to say is yes we can." Temp then speaks, "Remove any flesh and particulates you can, and then macerate him. If that's all right with you?" as she refers the last part to Agent Gibson. I look over at Booth, "So Ranger, sis here is going to show you the fast process that I promised about, while I stay here with Hodgins and Zack. You good with that." "Yup, that works with me Blueberry. But make sure you don't push yourself to much on this case." I nod as I take of my gloves, then gave Booth a hug as he side hugs me as well, then started walking away with Temp. 

Hodgins then yells from the platform to Booth, "Come on she gets a hug, but not me!" Booth had already left as I chuckle, "It's alright Hodgins, it's because I am a berry squint, and they get special treatment. But if you want, I could give you that hug." Hodgins looks at me for a few seconds then nods. I make my way to him and give him a big hug, I then turn to Zack, "I also can't forget about you my Zackaroo, come here you get a hug as well." I stand still with wide arms gesturing Zack to come over and he does so. I also give him a big bear hug. "Alright boys let's get back to work." We start working as Agent Gibbs comes around the table about to put his hands on it as Hodgins speaks up, "Don't touch the table!"

When I was done, I left the others to do my paperwork in my office as I know that they were going to use bugs to clean the bones. I try staying away from those as much as I could, as I don't like bugs. It has been at least an hour and I was halfway done with a weeks' worth of work as I see Booth entering the door without knocking knowing that I don't mind him just entering without knocking. "Hey Ranger, how may I help you?" "Hey Blueberry, Bones and I are going to talk to Mr. Masruk wife and brother. Just wondering if you are up for it?" "Yea, I could do that. But could I stay behind the other room from the interrogation box." "Yea, sure. That's fine with me." I nod and get up from my seat and we walk out the door as it locks itself and we make our way to the FBI department with Temp.

Temp and Booth were interviewing the wife and brother as I was watching in the other room. After the interview I told them that I was going back to the lab and check on Hodgins and Zack. I get there and see them on the computer, so I sneak up at them and grabbed their shoulders scaring them, "So what are you looking at boys?" They both jumped as Hodgins started to speak, "Geez Venus you don't need to scare us like that?" "Oh sorry, but what are you looking at here?" "We are looking at what was used to make the bomb?" Zach then cuts in, "Could be a perchlorate. Wouldn't that be used in a bomb?" I was about to say something, but Hodgins beat me to it, "Yeah, but this is a crystalline structure -- aluminum-based." I was going to say something again but agent Gibson pops in front of us as we looked at him and Hodgins moved the screen away from him. Then we hear Temp, "Okay, I'm back. How are we doing?" Zack speaks up, "We have his detergent brand, cologne, shampoo. He died a well-groomed man." Gibson then speaks up, "Dr. Brennan." "Thanks. The bones done yet?" "I'll check the beetles." "Dr. Brennan whatever you have there..." "It's a piece of paper, that's all, with some writing on it.