Some things never change even when they do

Começar do início

" I see she took her job very seriously," Echo mused.

Harvey rolled his eyes as he swung his feet over the edge of the bed. " She did," he said with a smile.

Echo brows raised.

" don't worry I wouldn't do anything she wouldn't want, besides she would tear me to pieces and feed you guys the scraps," he laughed, shaking his head.

Echo nodded, reaching his hand out to Harvey.

" on that we can agree, now let's go find my sister before she commits murder" he grinned.

*************

Rex rubbed his brows as he listened to the hologram before him. He sighed feeling the creeping source of dread spread up in his chest as he listened to the person's voice. Even Ashoka who stood beside him seemed uneasy as she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet ; which just made the feeling worse.

" I don't like this," Ashoka muttered.

Rex gave a brief nod " I have to agree"

" We don't know what we are up against, sir" Athena spoke up " I don't like the idea of sending her in there alone" she frowned.

" Do you really think she will be up for this mission?" Hera asked.

" I also have mixed feelings on this," Kannan said, crossing his arms over his chest. Rex looked up at the younger man with surprise, usually the mention of Nara got his hackles up.

" I understand my friends if you would-"

Suddenly the doors bursted open with a triumphant bang!

" REX YOU WON'T BELIEVE-"

"CT-5597 I WILL END YOU"! Nara charged towards Jesse with a blood thirsty look on her face.

" So I see some things haven't changed," Ashoka mused whispering over her shoulder towards Rex.

Rex sighed as his two younger siblings tackled each other to the death, as everyone looked on in complete and utter shock.

"DON'T KILL HIM NARA IT'S NOT WORTH IT"! Fives yelled.

" SAVE SOME MEN FOR THE REST OF US" Felipe cried.

Everyone turned their gaze to Felipe who shrugged . " Sorry to disappoint you, but some of us bat for the other team" he scoffed.

Everyone shook their head and turned back to the murder match before them.

In the meantime everyone else had entered.

"Ha, that's what I call a fight," Zeb laughed.

" Oh for kriff sake of course she's fighting" Wolfe growled.

" I bet on the angry girl"! Gregor cheered.

" I agree with the crazy grandpa," Jex yelled.

Wolfe smacked his forehead making Gregor laugh.

" I'll stop them" Ezra yelled as he pushed his way past the group.

" oh no you don't" kannan sighed as he grabbed the back of his padawan collar.

" but kannan"! Ezra whined.

" no you're not fighting the commander and that's finale"! Kanna said " besides she'd tear you to pieces" he added angrily.

Ezra scrunched his nose in disagreement " she would not" he grumbled.

" Rex, she's biting me"! Jesse yelled, frantically from across the room.

" it could be worse"! Nara snarled.

Rex pinched his brows in frustration, a gesture he was used to doing working with the 501st.

" I'm surrounded by di'kuits" he sighed.

Ashoka snorted beside him as she tried to hide her amusement.

" I heard screaming, did Nara finally finish Jesse off?" Echo yelled. He hobbled into the room as he assisted Harvey into the room.

The wheels in Rex's head began to move.

His eyes snapped towards Harvey so fast they made everyone around him flinch.

" NARA, JESSE ENOUGH! DON'T MAKE ME SICK KIX ON YOU" he yelled. " and you Dios" he snarled making harvey wince " I'm not sure what you've done but I know this involves you"

" honestly I didn't do anything Nara offered to spend the night after I couldn't sleep" Harvey insisted " I would never do anything she wouldn't want"

Rexs nose scrunched " you slept with my sister" he growled .

The words froze over Harvey like a bad omen .

" we did not fondue" Harvey yelled " why does everyone think we fondued"

" fondue" Jesse frowned turning to Nara, " you picked a real winner hun"

Nara turned and punched Jesse straight in the nose making the trooper whimper in pain.

" ok I deserved that one" he groaned.

" As entertaining as this all is, I need to speak with commander Nara" the hologram spoke up.

Nara turned her attention towards the hologram on the center of the table.

" senator organa, your majesty" Nara quickly shot up and bent herself into a bow.

Jesse frowned up at her.

" no need for the formalities" bail insisted.

Nara slowly rose to meet the man's eyes " what can I do for you, your majesty ".

" you see" Bail hesitated " I need your help with a party".

Nara raised a brow " a party, sir I'm not much of a dancer" she said.

Bail shook his head " I see well, we hopefully won't be doing much dancing"

Nara sighed nodding her head "Why do I get the feeling I'm not gonna like this".

" you see" Bail sighed " this party is hosted by the emperor himself"