5 years

A lot has happened in the past 5 years. Hololive has grown to the point of being a household name. Debuting atleast one new generation of talents every year. As well as expanding their other branches as well.

Whenever I was with Suisei, being stopped by a fan to take some pictures has become quote common. Not just Suisei, but with me appearing in more streams, I've gotten some dedicated fans as well.

The holohouse had grown in members as well. Cover corp eventually bought a whole building for talents to live at causing a few of the older members and new debuts to live together at one place.

Right now, I'm in my brand new car that I bought. Right next to me in the passenger seat was none other than Suisei herself.

Suisei: So where are you taking me on my birthday?

Y/N: I know you're really busy so I'm just taking you out to eat at a restaurant. A seaside one

Due to hololive's continuous growth, Suisei has become a lot busier these days. Recording advertisements for commercials, recording songs, attending events, and other things idols do. Getting days off was a rare thing. I suggested for Suisei to take breaks but breaks only last a week at most.

We arrived at the restaurant, Suisei getting out first. I turn off the car and locked the doors, taking the keys with me. I tap my pockets to see if the ring I brought was still with me.

Y/N: Good, it's still there

Today I planned to propose to Suisei. Her family already knows and I already got their blessings. Most members of the holohouse also knows.

"If you get rejected, feel free to come and cry to us!"

I remember the words Aloe and Nene told me when I told them. It's mostly a joke but if I do get rejected I will most likely do just that.

But that's not likely right? I mean we have known each other since we were children and have been together for over 7 years after all. Surely she won't say no, right?

Suisei calls me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I follow Suisei into the very empty restaurant.

Suisei: There's no other customers inside

Y/N: Must be a slow day for them then.

That's a lie. I rented out the restaurant for a few hours just so that we could be alone.

We sit down on a table for two. Suisei being right in front of me.

Waiter: Good afternoon, I'll be your waiter for today. If you're ready to order, feel free to call me.

Y/N: Got it, thank you

The waiter walks off as me and Suisei looks at the menu. After looking through it for a few minutes we both decided on our dishes.

I called the waiter over to get our orders.

Waiter: Okay, your order will be here in 15 minutes.

The waiter once again walks off, leaving me and Suisei alone.

Suisei: It feels nice to take a break once in a while.

Y/N: Yes, sure does

Suisei: The sea breeze coming in also feels great

Y/N: It does

Suisei: Hrm... Y/N you seem quite out of it lately. Something on your mind?

Y/N: Oh no, I'm just tired, hololive growing in popularity gave us a lot more work you know? Though I think you're the one who needs it more.

Suisei: Well that's why we're here today right?

Y/N: Right

Soon the food arrived at our table. I tried to forget about the proposal and focused on enjoying my meal with Suisei. Though the thought still remained in my head throughout.

Y/N: Ahhh I'm stuffed

Suisei: Me too. Thank you for the food

Y/N: Thank you for the food

I stand up and touch my pocket once again to confirm if the ring is still there. After confirming it being in my pocket, I begin walking towards the balcony that gives guests a great view of the sea.

Suisei stands next to me while looking outside.

Suisei: That's a great view

We see a neverending ocean in the distance, ships passing by in the distance that's so far away it appears as a dot. To the side, we could see the the outline of Japan in the distance.

Y/N: Yeah, it looks really amazing.

Silence once again overtakes the scene as Suisei admired to view. Meanwhile I'm starting to get cold feet as what I'm planning to do will be a very big event in mine and probably Suisei's life.

I touch my pocket again. And again the ring was still there. It's now or never. I don't know when my next chance will be at this.

Y/N: Hey Suisei

Suisei: Yeah?

Y/N: Happy birthday

Suisei: Thanks, I enjoyed this little celebration

Y/N: No problem

Suisei: Shall we leave now?

Y/N: WAIT

I slightly panicked at Suisei suddenly wanting to leave.

Suisei: Why?

Y/N: I love you

Suisei: I love you too, Y/N

Y/N: I really love you so...

Suisei: So?

I put my hand inside my pocket to grab the ring while kneeling down. I look at Suisei directly in the eyes, she looks back at me looking surprised.

Y/N: Suisei, we've known each other for 15 years. I've watched you through your Journey. All your struggles and how you persevered and surpassed them. I loved that about you. Everyday that we're together makes me so happy.

I finally took out the ring and held it in front of me for Suisei to view.

Y/N: Please make me a happier man, will you marry me?

As soon as I said those words Suisei jumped to me to hug me. I almost lost balance but remained still. I take look at Suisei, tears running down her face.

Y/N: So is that a yes?

Suisei: Yes, yes I will

My hands were shaking and heart pounding, but hearing Suisei say yes filled me with pure happiness.

Suisei offered me her hand to put the ring on. And with my still shaking hands I placed the ring on her finger. The diamond on it seemingly shining.

I stand up from my kneeling position, Suisei following me up.

Suisei: This is the greatest birthday gift you could've given me.

Y/N: And you just made me the happiest man in the world

Suisei and I shared our longest kiss we've had so far. Clapping can be heard from the restaurant, but all I wanted to do was cherish this moment as long as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Another 1 day gap between chapters. A break in between chapters does feel nice.

Final chapter will be on friday

To those who have been reading since the beginning thank you for making it this far.