Episode 1 "Pilot" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Temp and I go back to the lab quickly to the lab as we see Hodgins up on the platform. "Hodgins, I hope you brought me good news as you do have three hours left till deadline." "You know I could never turn your offer down Venus. The pond is not only warm and teeming with microbes, which accelerated decomposition, but it houses black carp and koi, which fed on the body." Angie comes in "Can I, as the only normal person in this room say, 'Ew'?" "I got three larval stages of Tricoptera, Chironimidae ..." I was listening intently to what he was saying as Temp cuts him off. "As we cut to the chase ... " "The body was in the pond one winter and two summers." "Spring before last?" I speak up "Ding, ding, we have a winner. Hodgins you win yourself a week of using only one of the artifacts in the history department." He smiles widly and then looks at Temp, "Do you really think I'm lusty?" Angie cuts in seeing our confused faces. "The book." " No, no, no, you're not in the book." Zack cuts in "Sure he is; we all are." "No, none of you are in the book. Those are fictious characters based on ..." Hodgen cuts off Temp. "I found some small bone fragments in the silt. I'd guess Rana temporaroa." I jumped in. "Ohh, yes I remember those, but they don't look like frog bones. Wasn't there also some tiny gold links, as from a fine chain." "Yes. you are right young doctor." Zack then pipes in. "Point of clarification-- I'm not a virgin. Nowhere near, in fact."

"Now I will go call Booth." I walk away as the group discuss more about the body and Temps book. "Hey Ranger, it's your amazing berry squint keeping her promise and excelling at it." "Heyyy, okay what you got for me." " Alright, she died last spring and they found some tiny fold links from a fine chain. But odd thing is that they found some frog bones, but I don't think they are frog bone. We just have to check to make sure. If you head to the lab, we might have some more information about her." "I am heading over right now with some coffee for you, I will be there in 5 minutes." "Roger that, blueberry out." 

I walk back to the group as Hodgins started speaking. "I haven't analyzed whatever it was the victim was holding in her hand, but it looks like cellulose." Angie pipes in "Paper?" "Hmm. Possibly." Temp speaks up, "I found microscopic grit embedded in the skull fragments.  I need you to identify those, too." Temp then looks at Zack. "Remove the remaining tissue, Ven and I will debride the skull fragments ourselves, reassemble it see Andela can put a face on our victim." Angie nods at this, "Good. I prefer holographs. They don't stink."  "Zack, I don't like those terms, for human remains -- 'soaker,' 'crispy critter ..'" "I know, Dr. Brennan."

Temp walks away as I pat Zacks shoulder. "That was a good effort in trying to normalize the conversation." "Thanks, Venus." "Now I must go and find Booth he has my coffee and I must update him on our investigation, while getting work some of my work done. Tell Temp that we will start reconstruction of the skull around the afternoon, so start on her paperwork as I will collect it later." "Alright, but why do you always come and collect our paperwork every week?" "Hmm, oh that is part of my job." "What is your job here Venus, I never see you in one of our lab coats here." "Don't try to figure me out. I'm a Special kind of Twisted." Before Zack could say anything else, I spotted Booth walking in the building, and I waved of Zack and lead Booth to my office as we discussed about the case and findings. We also talked about our progress from our time in the military.

It was around afternoon and Booth had left back to his office. Temp and I are now working on the skull. We worked on it all night, Temp fell asleep with her head on the table, and I was on the floor laying against her chair. Zack came waling in with two coffees and placed them down on the table. He looks down seeing me and was about to shake me awake. But I woke up quickly and grabbed Zacks hand flipping him over under me. I was startled but realized it was Zack. "Oh man, sorry Zack. You just scared me; I didn't mean to hurt you." I get off him and helped him up. "It's okay Venus. You have amazing reflexes and are surprisingly strong despite your size." "Ha, I don't know if I should take offence to that. You know what I don't want to know. But thanks for the coffee." "You're welcome." At that Zack leaves and Temp wakes up. "Morning sis, I got to go meet Booth at the FBI quarters." I got up and grabbed my stuff and left.