Chapter 14: Lives

Aqualad's POV

"Halt, niños." He said. "I'm feeling explosive."

We looked up and saw a bunch of bombs above our heads.

"You betrayed us! Why?" I exclaimed.

"I want my factory back. Either you take down Kobra for me or die trying and the Justice League does it for you. When the dust clears, I'll be back on top." He explained.

"And leaving you trapped in an exploded tunnel should-"

He suddenly jerked forward, falling face first into the ground and the button for the explosives rolled toward our feet.

A small snap was heard and Wraith appeared behind him.

"I knew he was up to something." She said, dropping a log.

"How long have you been gone?" Robin exclaimed.

"Since the fight broke out. You guys had it covered and Bane was sneaking away." She explained.

I looked at the explosives above our heads and sighed. Usually I would be upset someone ran away, but... Wraith seemed to know when to and when not to do that.

"Well, update: Aqualad is in charge now." Miss. Martian told her as we walked forward.

"I'm not surprised." Wraith shrugged.

"I half expected you to the leader." I told her.

She laughed, "I may have been a hero for years, but I haven't been fighting trained soliders. This is my first major battle, I'm definitely not the person for the job."

"No, but you have proven to be very empathetic to other members of the team." I said.

"So what you're saying is that I should be the team counselor? Pass." She laughed before we arrived at a ledge above the fight.

She turned invisible again.

"Should we let Miss. Martian be a martian again?" She asked us.

I looked at Superboy and he hesitated before nodding.

"Miss. Martian, established a mind link." I ordered.

"On it." She told us.

"Good. Now, it's time to stop that shipment." I told them before we charged down the hill.

"Want another go?" Superboy asked the person with the new formula.

The thing charged and I used my water to push it away.

"Sorry. Not the plan." Superboy said before running off to do somethinf else.

I attacked and used my water to keep it away, while electrocuting it.

When it was finally unconscious, I turned around. Everyone execpt Robin had taken down their bad guys.

Kobra said something to Robin before letting him go. Robin got up and back away toward us.

"Another time then." He said before fading into the shadows.

And he was gone.

I looked around at everyone.

"Wraith, are you there?" I asked.

"Present!" She said joyfully, popping up with a grin as the factory burned behind her.

"We picked the right guy to lead." Robin said, "Making you the perfect guy to explain this mess to Batman!"

"Oh, that's cruel." Wraith said.