Chapter 22: Redemption

Kaldur's POV

After we went to Belle Reve, Wally was able to convince Ivo that he should tell us where T.O. Morrow was. It took some cool magic from Zatanna, but he told us.

Soon, we were touching down next to a volcano and getting ready to find answers. The League never got this far.

"Stealth mode." I told them.

I changed the color of my suit along with everyone else. Off to the side, Wraith disappeared completely, we probably wouldn't see her for most of the mission, as usual.

Her abilties were very useful, but sometimes I get really frustrated because I have no idea where she is. The bad guys usually feel my frustration most.

I looked up as Miss. Martian opened a hatch in the bioship. Zatanna was coming with us.

"You should probably stay here." I told her.

"Is that an order?" She questioned.

"Only advice." I replied slowly.

"Good. I'll come then." She smiled before walking out.

We all ran out, following Robin before he stopped for a moment, kneeling behind a log.

"Something is down there." He said, pulling up a hologram.

We nodded and moved again, heading for the-

Strong winds suddenly blew at us and a familiar red robot appeared.

I gritted my teeth, trying to keep my grounding. Around me, the team variously fell back.

But it wasn't until Artemis flew back, causing Wraith to yelp as she most likely ran into her. I grunted, rolling across the rocky terrain as the wind took control.

Red tornadoes sprouted around us, locking us in place. I got ready to speak, hoping that some part of him was still on our side.

However, he proved just that when he blew two words into the dirt. Play Dead.

"Why Tornado!? Why are you doing this!?" Megan asked.

"Message received?" I asked everyone.

Thoughts of confirmation echoed through the mind link.

"Who cares why!?" Superboy told Megan.

"Maneuver seven!" I told him, running forward.

He put his hands together and I jumped onto them before he propelled me up at Tornado.

I pulled back my fist, but as expected, he was faster. I cried out as he punched me in the face and I flew back down, running into Superboy.

We laid on the ground, ignoring the sounds of the team's fight around us. It was all part of the plan. Eventually, the sound of the wind died down.

An unfamiliar voice suddenly broke the silence.

"Quite a performance brother. But we both know that's all it was." The voice said.

So the real enemy had caught on?

There was a loud sound of crumbling rocks and wind, coving the newer bot's next words. I opened my eyes and sat up.

I immediately ducked as a chunk of rock flew at my head. The team dodged their other various rock chunks and I saw Tornado fly away, leaving us to deal with his larger brother.

"Is he abandoning us?" Artemis asked.

"I don't believe so." Miss. Martian replied.

I used my water barriers to push myself up toward him. Robin flew through the air next to me on his grappling hook.