85. 𝘐 𝘞𝘈𝘕𝘛 𝘛𝘖 𝘉𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘒 𝘍𝘙𝘌𝘌

(WARNING: This story will not follow the manga anymore.)

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't look my best right now." y/n sighed. She had a feeble smile on her lips and her eyes were slightly droopy and red. Even though Keigo was worried, he was slightly relieved to see that y/n's playful attitude was still there and that it wasn't completely erased by recent events. After all, the attitude is what makes a Takami. "It's nice to see you all again though. How long has it been? Let's see... so around four days with Hidou.. Seven in prison.. Two with the league.." Bakugou interrupted the little rant that she had going on with herself. "It's been fifteen days, dumbass. Now can we go back to the prison part?"

"Wait, y/n. You mentioned the Director. Do you have any idea what her whereabouts are?" Daisuke asked. She raised her eyebrows and pursed her lips. "That's a great question.. She's uh.. Well she's dead.. So.." y/n replied. "What?" He pressed. "Yup. Shigaraki killed her. Right in front of me too. And it was fast. Faster than his quirk usually works. I think he's been training." She began rambling again, but stopped when she saw their confused faces. "Right, y'all aren't updated. Let's take it from the top shall we?"

"So it all started when I turned six.." She cleared her throat. y/n told the men in front of her everything. She began by telling them about her training, then the files about how she was supposed to become an assassin that turned out to be fake, then the missions and erasing device, then the way Hidou threatened her to use Toji if she didn't go back, then the arrest, then the prison break, the deal, and finally, Hidou's demise. "And that's the story of everyone's favourite winged hero."

Her dazed smile would have you thinking that she just told a funny story, but the slightly horrified looks on her peer's faces said otherwise. The assassin topic was entirely foreign to Aizawa, All Might, Nezu and Midoriya. Bakugou however only knew about the fake files, not the fact that it actually happened. "Tough crowd. I wonder how many of you guys hate me now. These meds I'm on didn't really give me the opportunity to filter my story very much.." y/n chuckled lightly, she kept her head down (as low as it could get without her restraints strangling her) and didn't look any of them in the eye.

"We don't.. hate you, y/n." Midoriya was the first to speak up. "Well that's very nice of you Midoriya." "Izuku." He corrected, smiling. "Gotcha." She smiled back. "You really think we'll hate you for something that old witch did? You really are an idiot." Bakugou shook his head, making y/n look up. "Thanks Katsuki." She muttered. Her eyes moved to Shoto for comfort, this situation was quite overwhelming for her. He caught her eye and mouthed 'I love you', slightly easing her nerves.

"Young Midoriya and young Bakugou are both right. We will try our best to help you through this. Officer..." "Daisuke." "Yes, officer Daisuke, could you just walk us through the next steps?" All Might said, turning to the officer next to him. Daisuke nodded, taking All Might, Nezu and Aizawa out of the room. Before he left, Aizawa gave y/n reassuring glance. This left Keigo and the trio alone with the restrained girl. "Hey kids, can I uh.." Keigo began, but the three understood what he wanted and went to wait outside of the room where she was held.

"What happened to you..?" He asked. "I gave in." She smiled. "Listen, n/n-" "It's okay." He looked at her, curious at how calm her response was. "I wanted to apologise for the way I let you down-" "You didn't let me down Keigo. I gave it a thought and.. I'm sorry that I didn't think about how they threatened you with me.. Now that I know how you feel, with Hidou having used Toji to get to me I.. I understand that you didn't have much choice in the matter." She admitted, feeling slightly guilty for judging him too quickly. "You don't have to apologize, kid. Really. I would've been crushed too if I was in your place. It was just bad timing." "Yeah."

They looked each other in the eye before bursting into laughter, just like old times. "God I missed you kid." He huffed. "I missed you too, Keigo. I was so lonely back there." She sighed, recalling her excruciating time in jail. "Well, now you're back. And we'll make sure to keep you company until they let you out. I can talk to them about easing your restraints a little too, because this is really cruel.. How do your wings feel?" She shook her head. "They feel like hell. But I don't think they should take the restraints off. It's much safer for everyone this way. Don't worry about it."