66. 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘛𝘖𝘔 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘖𝘊𝘌𝘈𝘕 𝘓𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘚 𝘛𝘌𝘔𝘗𝘛𝘐𝘕𝘎

I woke up to the last thing I wanted to see after what I did yesterday. A call from Director Hidou. After a tiny panic attack, I cleared my throat and answered the phone. "Takami on the line." "Good for you to finally respond dear," Cue eye roll. "You have an hour to be at my office y/n. Don't be late." Great, more suspense.

It's impossible, how did she find out?! I made sure to move in the blindspots and left zero trace of myself, not a single feather! It's useless to think about what I did to get here, now that I got here I need to think about what the fuck she's gonna do to me. My thoughts quickly turned dark, so thinking about my future is a no. A solution dawned upon me while I was dressing, don't think! That should be easy enough, I said to myself as I took flight and left the dorm.

Yeah, no it wasn't.

Turns out not thinking is harder. But that didn't matter anyway, I was there and at her door. I knocked on the door, my teeth digging into the inside on my cheek. "Enter." She responded, zero emotion in her voice. Right, zero emotion. I walked into the room with the least emotional face I could make, my insides boiling with fear.

"Hey n/n."

My eyes bolted to my brother, who sat on his own chair in front of Hidou. Good god, are they gonna kill me..? No, he looks as smug and cheery as usual. Maybe she hasn't told him anything yet. I should shut up now. Alright act like you don't know shit. "So why am I here?" I asked, sounding bored. "Rude and straight to the point as always aren't you?" Hidou scowled, cue another eye roll. "See that's why I like your brother more, at least he's charming and has manners.."

She has this habit of mumbling things around us not knowing that we have good hearing. I shrugged her statement off and she sighed. "Well then. If I am correct, your Hero Work-Studies program was put on hold after the Hassaiki incident." Huh? What the fuck are we talking about now? "Yes?" I answered, my brow raised in confusion. "Mhm. Since they're continuing the program, I'd like for you to tell your classmates that you're under Pro-Hero Miruko this round when they ask you who you're with."

"What? Why? What's going on?" Hidou smiled, I swear her smile is the smile of a demon. "Your brother will be unavailable for the program. He's on a mission." I stared at her, still confused and awaiting further explanation. "So why am I here? This seems like my brother's business." I said, it's not like he's not gonna tell me what he's doing later. "Oh you're here because you won't be actually participating in the program either. You're going on that mission with your brother."

Oh no. No no no... I'm not gonna go back to any missions the commission assigns me that excludes my school, fuck no. I can't have that freak wipe and control me again, over my dead body! "Are you serious? Why?" I stammered, shocked. I glanced at Keigo, my eyes begging him to help. He was staring at the ground, to others he might look nonchalant, but I'm his sister, and I could tell that he's pretty pissed. "Exactly what type of mission is this?!"

"Oh calm down the dramatics, you are going undercover with your brother. To infiltrate the league."

"The who now?"

"The league of villains. We want you to be a mole with your brother."

This is so much worse than her finding out I stole files..

(About two weeks earlier, after the fight with the Nomu)

Keigo glared at the black haired man in front of him while pressing a long scarlet quill against his neck. "A lot was different from what you told me." He sneered, his voice echoing through the walls of the empty warehouse. "Really?" Smirked Dabi, amused. "Can we get along better, Dabi?" He sighed, annoyed. "I thought you only had small feathers left." The villain hummed, changing the subject. "I can't meet a liar unarmed."

The blond scolded Dabi for not telling him his plan, he smiled smugly in response. "I changed my mind." He simply said. Keigo's eye twitched. "Besides, didn't I tell you in advance that it would be a Nomu performance test?" Dabi's smile drops slightly. "But the same goes for you. You said you'd bring some random strong guy, not the number one hero. The number one hero isn't a good test."

"Think about the level here. Huge damage was caused with the number one hero, I thought that would make you happy. So the promise remains unbroken." Dabi shrugged. "You don't expect me to suddenly trust the number two hero. And how did no one die today? Those aren't the actions of a man who sympathises with us." "I still have to keep my trust as a hero y'know." Keigo quickly responded.

He took a deep breath, he did not want to say what he was about to say. "Falcon will be joining me," "What?" Dabi interrupted, making Keigo sigh in frustration. "She somehow found out about what I was doing, I explained my point of view and she agreed to join me." Dabi looked shocked, but amused. "Well, congrats, you've managed to convince her to do what I failed to make her do when we took her!"

"Don't you talk about that. I might sympathize with you but I'll never forgive you for doing that to my sister." Keigo slipped, quickly shutting his mouth. "Ah sibling love at it's finest. How cute." Dabi sighed sarcastically. "Well, at least she's a little more trustworthy than you, I've seen her murder record, it's impressive." It took Keigo a lot of strength to not strangle Dabi at that moment.

'She didn't do it willingly!' He wanted to shout. Gosh, this was all against his will. He did not want his sister anywhere near Dabi, let alone work with him. He's dangerous. But the stupid commission insisted that they do it together. Even more reason for Keigo to dislike the commission.

(Sometime earlier)

"Get accepted by the league of villains, Hawks."

"Huh? Wait a minute, I don't understand. You're making a search team right? With Gran Torino and the rest?" Keigo mumbled. The president of the commission and Hidou shared a look. "Where did you hear about that?" Hidou asked. Keigo covered his mouth, an 'oh shit' look on his face. "That's exactly why we want you Hawks." The president said, going on about how they need intell to be able to stamp out dark organisations and Nomus.

"So while I'm with them, you want me to ignore all the horrible things they do?" Keigo huffed, his eyebrows raised. "We're asking you because we think you and your sister are people who can ignore it." "Wait did you say my sister? Are you involving her in this mess?" Keigo interrupted Hidou, a flash of anger in his eyes. "Yes. You're both indifferent to fame and prestige. And your sister is a good spy just like you, and an even better killer if things get tight or out of hand."

If he could, he would've chucked both Hidou and the president out of the window in front of them. Have they not had enough? For how long are they going to use y/n as their little gun that does all their dirty deeds? But he couldn't do anything, or say anything. The most he can do is to try and make sure no physical harm can come to her during the mission. Still, he felt disgusted with how they treat the both of them, especially how they treat y/n. It's like they think they're immoral, emotionless tools.

"We think there's no one more suitable than you."

Of course you don't, he thought.

"Are you serious? Why am I doing this?" I breathed, my voice heavy with disbelief. "You and your brother are perfect for the job. Now the league thinks that you found out about what your brother was doing by yourself and decided to help him. Stick with the story. Your brother will explain everything to you later. Now unless you have more questions, you're dismissed."

I zoned out, her voice background noise. As soon as I heard the word dismissed, I was out the door. "n/n wait!" Keigo huffed, jogging after me. "You'll be fine y/n, I'll ensure that Dabi doesn't-" "Keigo." He stopped, a surprised look on his face. I've never used that tone with him before. "I couldn't care less about Dabi's dumb ass shinanigans, I can handle that asshat on my own. But that's not whats fucking bothering me."

He looked confused, and a little sad. "Did you hear what she said? 'Perfect for the job'? She's gonna make me fucking kill again. I'm not fucking stupid Keigo." My sudden outburst took him by surprise, making him take a step back. I shook my head, letting out a deep sigh before turning away from him and walking off to the exit. If I didn't walk out of that room fast enough, my hands would've been wrapped around that white-haired bitch's neck.

"y/n please, I'll make sure that we don't end up in a situation where you have to-"

"Just send me the information that I need to know."