81. 𝘚𝘛𝘜𝘗𝘐𝘋 𝘚𝘌𝘓𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘈𝘋𝘜𝘓𝘛𝘚

(WARNING: this story will not fully follow the manga anymore, only some events.)

"What?" I asked Daisuke, who looked at me with pity in his eyes. "Why am I here?" I asked. "A security measure. We have to keep you here until we take the chip out of your head. You'll also have to face trial along with Hidou. But right now we're raiding the illegal room you were kept in for more information on the chip and the unauthorised missions." I watched the monitor measure my heartbeat while I listened to him. "Wait, the red room wasn't the commission's work?" He shook his head, making me sigh. Wow.

"Right. Of course it wasn't." I whispered to myself. "We're working on arresting her accomplices and searching her office. We'll get you a good lawyer for your trial too, you don't deserve the same fate as that monster, you never knew what she was doing. And you were brainwashed. We're gonna make sure you get justice." He explained, but I just looked at him with an exhausted look in my eyes. "At this point, I don't even care. I just want to see my brother and Shoto. Is that possible?" My eyes went back to staring at the monitor when he shook his head again.

"I'm sorry but no one can know about this, it's orders from the commissioner. Your condition isn't stable with the chip still in your head, we don't know if Hidou can control the chip in any other way beside the remote. So we have to find a good way to remove it without hurting you, take it out, keep you for a while for observation purposes, and then claim that the rescue team found you after the league tried to take you with them." Daisuke explained. My head hit the mattress as I fell onto my back. I opened my wings, spread them across the bed and closed my eyes.

"Why are they protecting her image?" I asked, opening my eyes to stare at the glass ceiling. I could see my reflection. Daisuke leaned against the glass wall. "I'm not too happy about that either. But with the state we're in after the raid, the citizens already don't trust the heroes. So Hidou's little betrayal would just add fuel to the flame." "I see." I hummed. "I'm sorry y/n, I'm not happy about it either." He began, but I lifted a wing to stop him. "No, I understand. Please, I just need a little time alone. Thank you for everything Daisuke."

He sighed, and I heard his footsteps getting further and further. I closed my eyes again. It can't be true. This all can't be true. Can someone please walk into this room and tell me I've been lied to? That this is all just a social experiment. It's not fair. There's one thing I wanted right now, and that was to fly. Where? I don't know. But I just wanted to extend my wings, feel the wind in my face, between my feathers. Fly above the clouds to watch the most beautiful sunset. To feel free again.

But here I am, in a bed, in the most secure prison in Japan, far from the people I love, the sky, freedom. And all I could do was close my eyes and focus on hearing Shoto's heartbeat, miles and miles away from where I was. I was soothing, calm. Comforting. I missed him. I missed him so much. I wrapped my wings around my body and recalled the warmth of his embrace. He always made things better, and they took him away from me when I wanted him most.

All I had left to comfort me were the memories that I had of him. The first time he asked if I was okay, when he helped me get into an ambulance after USJ, how he yelled at his father on my behalf, our first date.. I chuckled at the memory of the ferris wheel, and the kiss we shared. Along with the cursed experience in the mirror maze where I emerged with several bruises. I remembered how he helped me through my breakdown after the Stain fight, and his Hand-Crusher proclamation.

I waved Shoto over to the sunbathing chairs. "C'mon, you have a small break right? Let's sit in the sun together, I need to get these bad boys dried up since they got a little water on them.." I explained while I laid down on one of the chairs and patted the one next to me, motioning for Shoto to sit down alongside me.

We both laid down on our stomachs next to each other and turned to look at each other. I started smiling, making him smile too. Soon we were both staring at each other with big idiotic smiles on our faces, except his wasn't idiotic. It was adorable.

He suddenly grabbed hold of my hand and drew circles on the back of it while I just laid there with my eyes closed and a small smile on my face. We laid there for a while in complete silence just appreciating each other's presence until Iida interrupted us.

"Everyone! Do you want to see which one of the boys can swim 50 meters the fastest?"

I turned to my side, a tear slid down my cheek and onto my white pillow. My focus turned to the feather again, and I tried to regulate my breathing to his heartbeat to stop my sobbing. I felt his hand wrap around the feather, it was as if he felt my presence, felt me trying to reach him. Concentration etched onto my face when I felt his chest hum, I tried hard to make out what he was saying.

"I missed you. I don't know if you can hear me right now, but I do miss you. And I swear I'll make that woman pay for what she's doing to you. I want to be with you more than anything right now. I love you angel, stay safe."

His voice lulled me to sleep. It might've only been four days since I left, but it felt like an eternity sitting alone in my own head. Unaware of anything happening around me. I missed his voice. I missed him.

DAY 7

Everyone always talks about how dangerous prison is. What they don't tell you about it, is how incredibly fucking boring it is. I've been here for seven days now, chip still in my head, and bored out of my mind. At least when I was kidnapped and chained up for 3 days I had Dabi to keep me company most of the time.

He was irritating yes, but it was fun to mess with him and insult him, and company is company man. So that brings us to me, sat on the floor in front of my bed because the chain attaching me to said bed wasn't extremely long, making a tower of cards using my feathers.

Safe to say I've never been this bored in my life. I filled the seven days doing random things, like pushups, or playing jenga with my feathers. "I wanna get the fuck out of this hell hole.." I groaned when the tower collapsed again. My face laid in my hands and I sighed.

"Get up, dip shit."

I exhaled dramatically and looked up. "What?-" I jumped up, swiftly returning my feathers to my back. "Here put this on, I don't know how long I can resist burning Mother Gothel here." Y'know, when I said 'company is company' I didn't mean this. Dabi tossed me my nano suit after melting his own little door in my glass cell. "What the fuck? What are you doing here? Why are you carrying Hidou on your back and why is she knocked out???" The abundance of questions made him groan.

"Just shut up and put the suit on."