54. 𝘐 𝘈𝘔 (𝘕𝘖𝘛) 𝘈 𝘔𝘜𝘙𝘋𝘌𝘙𝘌𝘙

(Peep the Evangelion reference in the title lol)

(No one's POV)

Her sight went dark for a split second before it returned back to normal. She dropped to the floor, her hands gripping her head. The wound that she got from Toga was now completely healed. "W-what did you..." She mumbled. "I used my quirk on you, I thought that if I reassembled your mind you might remember. Your head sure was messed up after all that brainwashing.." He chuckled.

She stared at him, her eyes wide and terrified. "B-brain... what...? Where are you getting all of this from..?" She said, her voice barely above a whisper. The man only smirked. "What happened on the 8th of February two years ago?" He asked, standing above her. "Drug bust... I was there.. I..." She muttered, but clenched her eyes shut as memories began flooding back and mixing together.

"You would've been a great accomplice, too bad the commission got to you first."

'What's happening to me?' She thought, her hands trembling while she gripped her head. "We met that night, do you remember now?" He asked, his hands lifting her chin up to make her look him in the eyes. She closed her eyes and started thinking. 'He was right, we did meet that night. He tried to kill me, and then... and then Hidou, she told me to go for the kill... And I did, I tried... I...'

Hidou...

"Now now, don't make a fuss, I'll only erase today from your mind."

Did she...? No, it can't be...

"You're lying! You have to be lying, this has to be one of your henchmen's quirks! Tell me that you're lying, Chisaki!" She jumped up, gripping his collar and yelling frantically in his face. "If you really think I'm lying then tell me what happened on the 5th of May four years ago." He stated. 5th of May...

"It was an assasination... A governour from the USA came here and got assassinated, I was supposed to investigate the assassination..." She muttered, her grip softening a little as she tried to remember exactly what happened. Chisaki laughed beneath her, his hands moving up to touch hers. She jumped away, not wanting to let him touch her again. "Wrong... it was you, you were the assassin.." He said, his eyes had a crazed shine to them. It was unsettling. "No, I didn't kill him. I was there to..." Her thoughts wandered as she started remembering what had happened that day.

"You know what to do y/n. You'll get to see your brother soon." Hidou's voice stated through the communication device. y/n nodded, pointing the rifle at the governor's head. "On my count. Three, two, one,"

Her finger hovered above the trigger.

"Go."

And then she pulled it.

"You were there to kill him!" Chisaki yelled, lunging at her with his arm extended. She dodged, but didn't try to strike a hit of her own. "No, this can't be true. The assassin program was cancelled because I refused to kill, there's no way that I killed him!" She said, but her voice was hesitant. It sounded like she didn't even believe herself.

"It wasn't cancelled, it was only erased from your memory! Can't you see that?! Why would the commission tell you the truth?!" He responded. "I.. I.." y/n was speechless, her whole body trembling. The two of them were covered by walls created by Chisaki's quirk, and they were pretty far away from the others earshot.

"28th of September, three years ago. Where were you?" He snapped, picking her up from the ground by the collar and glaring into her eyes. She clenched her eyes, trying to remember. "Jet... A Chinese private government jet crashed... I was sent to accompany the jet in the air but I failed..." y/n recalled. Chisaki shook his head and drew her closer, his mask brushing against her neck. "You weren't protecting the jet, you crashed it." He whispered.