72. 𝘔𝘠𝘚𝘛𝘌𝘙𝘠 𝘚𝘖𝘓𝘝𝘌𝘋

(WARNING: Manga spoilers ahead!)

My heart has been in my ass ever since I read the message that Dabi must've sneaked into my suit somehow. So many questions were racing through my head like 'why does he not want me to bring my brother?' and 'What the hell are we gonna do in the forest?' and 'Why is Keigo being distant?' and- "Love you're spilling the water." Shoto sighed from behind me, grabbing the cup from my hand.

"Oh sorry." I muttered. He turned off the faucet and handed me the cup after drying it. "It's okay. What were you so deep in thought about? Are you okay?" He asked while we walked up to the roof. We decided to have dinner alone up there. We haven't spent much time together due to the work studies program, so this was Shoto's idea so we could catch up on some much needed alone time.

"It's nothing. I'm just... worried about my brother, that's all." I said, putting the cup down and sitting on the blanket he laid out. "Really?" "Yeah. He's been pretty distant and off lately." Shoto nodded, handing me a plate with food that he had prepared. "Yeah I totally get it, Natsuo has been very off lately too. I caught him staring at Touya's shrine when I visited home a few days ago." I gulped at the mention of Touya.

"Very unusual. But we saw your brother on patrol today, he seemed okay." I looked up from my meal. "Really?" "Yeah. He helped us take down a villain. Father wasn't too happy about him intervening. But he seemed normal. Maybe he's just been on edge about your safety. I know I have, especially after the Hassaikai raid." I hummed, feeding Shoto a spoonful of my food. "You really think that might be it?"

"Well maybe. But don't overthink it. He's a good hero, he can handle himself no matter what's going on." Shoto said, tracing my wings as he usually does. He said that it's relaxing. I shivered when he caressed a sensitive spot. "Oh. I'm sorry." He mumbled, snatching his hand away. I turned to face him. "It's okay." I whispered, moving his hand back to the same spot.

My hand snaked to his red and white locks, massaging his head gently. A cold breeze made my skin and feathers quiver. "Cold?" He asked. "A little." I smiled. He pulled me closer, I could feel heat radiating from him. "Let me warm you up." Whispered Shoto, his lips almost touching mine. "Be my guest.."

His back hit the soft pillows that he had laid down on the blanket, his lips still on mine. Shoto's hands roamed my back and wings, while mine wandered through his neck, back and shoulders. The roof was empty and quiet, except for our sounds of course, yet my wings still covered us up instinctively. "Are you warm yet?" He pulled away, his face red. I stared into his blue and grey eyes. "You bet."

Another breeze hit, and Shoto suggested we continue inside. We stumbled into my room, the closest one to the roof, and slumped on the bed. I could hear Kei's wings flutter out the balcony, probably going to finish his sleep in Koda's room. Finally after a while of 'catching up' the two of us were knocked out and in deep slumber. It's been a long week.

I was jolted awake two hours later by my alarm, shit. I forgot all about Dabi and his dumb meeting. Slowly, I snaked away from Shoto's warm toned arms and into the cold midnight air. My suit was already strapped and prepared in my closet so I got out of my pyjamas and quickly slid into it. I checked the address again and burned the paper using a lighter.

Before I could leave, I walked over to Shoto. My hand reached out and pushed his messy hair away from his forehead and placed a small kiss on it. "I won't be long. I hope." I whispered. He didn't hear me of course, he looked like he was enjoying a nice dream. I smiled. I gave him one last glance before shutting the balcony door behind me and leaping off into the sky for the second night in a row.

(No one's POV)

"Finally. Took you long enough." Dabi sighed, an annoyed look in his eyes. "What? I'm right on time!" y/n protested. He flicked the cigarette in his hand and stepped on it. "Yeah well I thought you heroes were always like 15 minutes early to everything." He muttered. "Why do you look so ruffled up?" She looked away. "I just woke up. That's why." He scoffed, not believing a word she just said. "Get your mind out of the gutter." She said through gritted teeth.