I already stopped at the stadium to workout in the gym to try and get rid of my tension. I also showered trying to get rid the feeling of so many people touching me earlier.

I just need Mirabelle.

Fuck.

I need her like my lungs need oxygen to breathe.

I speed up, making sure not to go too fast that I'll get another court date. The judge excused the one from my speeding ticket because we were in Minnesota, but the fine I had to pay was hefty. I don't think I'll get so lucky if it happens again.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised they're letting me keep my license. Normally going twenty-five over is good cause for the state to take it away.

I'm so fucking relieved to see Mirabelle's car in the garage. She's in the kitchen with her back turned to me and I'm quick to wrap my arms around her, dropping my head to rest into the crook of her neck.

She jumps slightly, hitting my arm. "Henry Price, I know you know better than to scare the shit out of me."

I press my lips to her skin. "Je pense qu'au lieu de mon nom complet, j'aime t'entendre m'appeler mon cœur alors que je m'enfonce profondément en toi." I think instead of my full name, I like hearing you call me mon cœur as I'm thrusting deep inside of you.

Mirabelle twists in my arms, her freckles showing prominently on her flushed cheeks. "You're not going to forget that, are you?"

I smile genuinely, probably for the first time all day. "Not ever."

"Hands off buddy, I'm cooking dinner." She says, poking me in the chest.

"But what if I'd rather have something else for dinner?" I tease, my horrible mood melting away. I barely brush my mouth over hers when Mirabelle turns and I make contact with her cheek instead. I pull away disappointed as she smiles at me.

"Today was the first day I wasn't walking bow legged and all that fucking requires sustenance, Henry. Sustenance meaning real food."

I'm not sorry that we've spent the last four days fucking like rabbits. It never feels like enough. Our appetite for the other is insatiable.

The sound of sizzling behind her causes both of us to jump and I release her immediately.

"Oh motherfucker." Mirabelle swears, moving quickly to stir the pot of whatever the hell she's concocting.

"What are you making?" I ask, regretfully moving to sit on one of the barstools so we don't deal with our second house fire in three months.

"Well before you distracted me, I was making macaroni and cheese."

I snort. "Mirabelle, that's not sustenance. That's a snack."

She scrunches her nose up at me, "Fine. Get your own dinner." Then her pretty face shifts as she realizes what she just said. "And I'm not talking about me." Mira's expression and tone has me laughing until my side hurts.

"Hell, the fact that you can make me laugh after the day I had might be a sign that I should just propose now." I joke, but instead of making Mirabelle smile the smile I love, she tenses up.

Oh shit.

I just joked about proposing very early into a relationship.

She reads me well, but I guess that comes with knowing each other our entire lives. "Don't freak out. It was a joke. I know that so you can relax. I just had hoped your day wasn't too terrible."

I visibly relax, but internally I'm questioning why that was the first thing that popped into my brain and how I was able to say it without thinking twice about it. I shake the thought off, pushing it to the far corner of my mind.