Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Ella you have a call!" Lauren yells from downstairs.

I groan and drag myself out of bed. It's probably Remus, he's the only person who calls me. I stomp to the kitchen and take the receiver from her.

"Hey, love." He says cheerily.

"Remus it's 9 a.m." I reply.

"I know but I was wondering if you want to come hang out today? I'll come pick you up around 12 and you can come over to meet my parents." He suggests.

I facepalm. I don't want to do that at all. I'm debating on asking him to reschedule but then I see Lauren in the corner of my eye. She's standing beside the counter listening to my conversation.

I give her a 'what the heck' look but she totally ignores me.

"Say yes." She whispers.

I want to argue but the look on her face makes it seem like she is going to beat me if I tell him no.

"Yeah that's fine Rem. Are we going anywhere or just to your house?"

"Just my house."

"Okay." I say.

"I love you, see you in a bit sunshine." He says before hanging up.

"Sunshine?" Lauren teases.

I flip her off.

"Why did I have to agree to that?" I ask her.

"Because I heard him talking to the other guys when they were here and I think he is planning something big." She explains.

I cock my eyebrow at her in question.

"Maybe he is going to propose." She jokes.

"Haha very funny." I say sarcastically.

"Grab you some breakfast then get upstairs and get ready." She bosses.

•••••••••••••••

Two hours later I'm waiting in the living room for Remus to show up. I look decent I guess, I'm not going to dress up a ton to go meet his parents. I really don't want to meet them but I guess I have to seeing as he's met like my entire family.

He shows up right on time and I let him apparate me to his house. Our feet fall on his front sidewalk and he smiles and wraps his arm around me.

"It's not anything fancy but it's home. They're so excited to meet you. I'm pretty sure they already love you based off what I've told them."

I roll my eyes and give him a quick kiss before I let him lead me into the house.

"Mum! I'm home!" He shouts shutting the door behind us.

"We're in the kitchen!" A female voice shouts back.

Remus grabs my hand and leads me into their kitchen.

"Mum, dad, this is Ellie." He says gesturing to me.

I smile and his mom makes her way over and gives me a quick hug.

"We're so happy to finally meet you. Remus is constantly talking about you." She gushes.

"Mum." Remus says slightly embarrassed.