Chapter Twenty-Two

I get up the next day and head to breakfast alone because I didn't wait for the girls. The boys are already in here but I can't sit with them anymore because of Remus. I walk down and take a seat where the girls usually do. I put some food on my plate and start eating.

As I do I can't help but glance over at Remus. I want to hate him for what he did but I can't. I still like him even though he won't talk to me. This freaking sucks.

Suddenly I feel someone dump pumpkin juice on my head. I know it's pumpkin juice because of the smell and it's sticky.

"Oh whoops. Didn't see you there."

I turn and look at the person and it's a Slytherin. One of Rosiers friends. I take a deep breath and start gathering up my stuff but he still hasn't walked away.

"We might not be able to do much because we're still in school, but we can make your life miserable." He says before dumping the rest of the drink on me.

"Get the hell away from her before I walk over there and beat your ass!" Sirius yells from the end of the table.

"Black and Irving! Detention tonight!" One of the teachers yells.

I get up and grab all my stuff and start walking out the hall.

"Ella wait!" James yells but I ignore him.

I lock eyes with Remus as I walk past and I flip him off. He just looks at me blankly like it doesn't effect him.

I hurry out of the hall and up to my dorm. I take a quick shower and get dressed in clean clothes. By the time I'm through with that I have to run to class so I won't be late. I get there and take my seat beside Lily.

"James told me what happened at breakfast." She whispers.

"Since when do you talk to James?" I ask trying to avoid having a conversation about the pumpkin juice and Remus.

"I don't he just felt the need to tell me. I'm worried about you. This thing with Remus and the Slytherins. It's a lot going on for you."

I turn towards her and run my hand through my still wet hair.

"Don't worry about me I have everything under control."

••••••••••

After classes I walk to the common room tiredly. Today sucked. I had that thing happen at breakfast and I've had several Slytherins call me names in the hall. Word must've gotten out that I found out about the attack somehow. They think I'm the one who told. I guess I would rather them pick on me instead of Jace though.

As soon as I walk into the common room I'm ambushed by James and Sirius. They back me into the hall and I can already tell they're going to piss me off.

"Has Remus talked to you?" Sirius asks.

"No." I say shortly instead of saying something sarcastic like I normally would.

Sirius looks over and James groans.

"Look we're gonna get him to talk to you. Things aren't what you think." He says.

Thanks James that helps a lot.

"Why are the Slytherins so mad at you?" Sirius asks changing the subject.

Okay that's it. I push past them and head up to my dorm. I'm not having this conversation right now.

When I get to my dorm it is empty which is great. The girls must have went down to dinner already. I go over and lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling.