Chapter Six

It's Saturday and I'm just now getting to spend time with the boys. James, Sirius, and Peter were all "too busy" to hang out yesterday and Remus was sick still.

Thankfully they are all free today and Remus is feeling better. I'm supposed to meet them outside beside the lake to hang out for a bit.

I slept in and missed breakfast so I just get up and get ready. I put on light makeup and pull my hair up. I throw on jeans and a sweater and I head outside.

I walk around till I find the boys and take a seat in their little circle. They all greet me and I smile because I'm happy I get to see them again.

"These came for you at breakfast but you weren't there so we grabbed them for you." Peter says handing me two envelopes.

"Thanks....both of these are for me?" I ask taking them.

He nods. I shrug and look to see who they are from. The first one is from my sister. I almost scream with excitement when I read the name on the second one. It's from my cousin in the U.S, Jace Carter. Literally the most Basic American white boy name ever, but he is one of my best friends. He reminds me a lot of the boys actually.

I drop the other envelope and tear into his letter.

Dear Ella Claire,
I'm sorry I'm just now writing you. I've been meaning to but school is keeping me really busy. I've missed you, but I'm sorry to say our other friends have barely noticed you're gone. Anyway I wanted to write to let you know I'm doing well. I have some great news too! My mom is talking moving to the UK! I'm hoping we do because then Freya and I will be able to attend Hogwarts with you. It's not for sure yet but it is really exciting. I miss you and I hope everything is well with you. Write me back to tell me about how things are at Hogwarts.

Sincerely, Jace

I'm smiling like an idiot when I read that he might move here. I honestly thought he had forgotten about me because it took him so long to write. I guess I could've wrote him but I didn't want to be annoying. Him and I were great friends before I moved. His younger sister and I were really close too. Freya is a literal sweetheart.

"Who wrote you? You're smiling like it's someone important." James asks.

I roll my eyes at him and go to reread the letter but Sirius snatches it from me.

"Oooooooo it's a boy!" He says scanning it.

I get up and snatch it back.

"You're a boy!" I say back sticking my tongue out at him.

"That doesn't even make sense Ella." Remus mutters.

I roll my eyes at him because it does make sense. I pick up the letter from my sister and open it. Sirius steals the letter that Jace wrote me and all the guys start to read it. I don't even try to stop them.

Hey Chica,
I'm happy you've found friends! Tell me more about this James boy. Is he good looking? Do you like him? He sounds nice. Anyway mom is just being overdramatic as always. I'll talk to her and if she still doesn't want you home you can just come stay with me. I'm not letting my sister spend her week off in a musty old castle. Write back when you can.

Love, Lauren

I smile when I finish her letter. It's good to know I have somewhere to go for the holidays. I sigh and lay down on the grass.

"If you had to hook up with any magical creature or being what would it be?" Sirius asks out of the blue.

We all think for a moment and we all answer at about the same time.