Chapter Twenty-One

The summer flies by. It's the first day back to school. Remus and I spent the entire summer going out but we haven't made it official yet and it's killing me. I'm so ready to be able to call him mine.

The girls won't quit bugging me about how cute we are together and I honestly love it. I've never been happier and life couldn't be going any better.

At least that's what I think until I get to breakfast.I go take my usual seat but Remus isn't here.

"Where's Remus?" I ask.

James and Sirius share a look then shrug.

"Is he okay?" I ask worried. They are being weird and it's kind of scaring me.

They still don't give me much of an explanation and I end up not eating much and just heading to class.

My first class is transfiguration and I have it with Lily which is great. We walk together and take seats toward the back. Im busy getting my stuff ready when Lily nudges me. I look up and Remus is walking in the room.

I smile and wave at him. He glances over at me but doesn't wave or smile back. He completely ignores me. I won't lie it kind of hurts but he might just be in a mood so I try to brush it off.

I probably would have been able to convince myself that he was just in a bad mood except for the fact that he ignores me the entire day.

I try to talk to James about it in the hall but he just pretends like he has no clue what's going on. I know he is lying though. Remus tells the guys everything.

After dinner I head straight up to my dorm and go to bed. I really thought Remus felt something with me. I thought he was going to ask me to be his girlfriend. I don't know what I did wrong.

••••••••

It's been a whole week and Remus hasn't spoken to me once. I don't know what I did to make him mad but I wish he would just tell me. I've asked the other boys if they know but they just ignore the question and bring up something else every time I talk about it.

Remus avoiding me also means that the guys aren't around as much. Every time Remus is with them they stay away from me. I'm really starting to get upset with them.

We've only been in school a week and things are going wrong. Why does the universe hate me? Every time I'm happy something has to ruin it.

"Hey bestie." Finn says pulling me from my thoughts.

I look up at him as he takes a seat beside me. We're sitting outside of the Great Hall eating our dinner out here so we don't have to be bothered by people.

"What do you think I did to make Remus hate me all of the sudden?" I ask sadly.

"I have no clue. Probably nothing. Guys suck El, they like you till they get bored then they move on to the next person." Finn says taking a bite of his food.

"Remus doesn't seem like that type though." I argue.

Finn shrugs, "I think you should just go for James. Glasses are hot."

I pretend to gag and shove him. James is more like a brother than a guy I would date.

"Since I have no friends except for you, Lily, Marlene, and Alice, do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow?" I ask.

"You just listed off three people other than me and you forget to name off your cousins. Don't act like you have no friends." He scoffs.

"Do you want to go or not?" I huff.