Chapter Ten

Mini Warning- Mentions of abandonment, depression, and self harm implied. It's not anything TOO bad but you may skip some parts if you get triggered easy.

Large time Skip
It's already time for Christmas break. The past month has flew by. I'm on my way down to the train to head home. The boys took my luggage down for me so I'm walking down with the girls and helping them with their luggage.

When we board the train I sit with the girls. Marlene sits beside me and Lily and Alice sit together on the other side.

"So what are your plans for Christmas Ellie?"

Little did I know that my plans were completely different than what I thought they would be.

When they arrive at the platform.
As soon as I get off the train I know something is wrong. My dad is the one waiting for me. Normally it's my sister.

The boys get my luggage for me to carry and follow me over to my dad with it.

"Hey sweetie." He says giving me a hug. "Are these your new friends?"

Okay maybe everything is fine. If something was wrong then he wouldn't be acting this normal.

"Yeah, well some of them. That's James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter." I say pointing to each of them as I say their name

My dad smiles and shakes their hands. He introduces himself to them but then they have to go.

"Ready?" He dad asks turning to me.

I nod and take his hand. He grabs my luggage and we apprate home. When my feet hit the floor in our living room I realize something is very wrong.

It's so....empty. A lot of the decorations are gone and even some of our furniture. Lauren walks out from the kitchen and gives me a fake smile.

"Hey Chica!" She says coming to give me a hug.

I hug her back reluctantly. When she pulls away from the hug I look over to dad.

"What's going on?"

His face drops and he puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Come with me to my office. We need to talk."

I have to resist the urge to puke. He never tries to talk to me and it's obvious something is wrong.

He leads me to his office which is just the spare bedroom with a desk, some chairs, and a file cabinet. We walk in and he takes a seat behind his desk and I take a seat in the corner chair.
He runs his hands down his face and he looks exhausted.

"So I'm sure you've heard about how your cousins are moving here." He starts.

I nod even though I wasn't sure.

"Well the reason for it is your Aunt Sarah is very sick. I'm sure you know how close I am with my sister and I would do anything to help her. She is.....she's going to die....soon. As you know her husband passed away a few years back so it is just her raising the kids. When she found out how sick she is she asked me to take in the kids when she passes. I obviously agreed but your mom wasn't on board with it. I told her that there is no way I'm giving up on the kids and she told me it's either them or her....so I chose them. We decided to get a divorce, but the next day when I got home from work she was gone and so was all her stuff. She left a note saying she will mail the divorce papers."

He says it all at once. He doesn't hardly pause at all. It's all so much to take in. My cousins are moving here because their mom is dying. My parents are getting a divorce and my mom has ran out on us.