Ch. 61

3RD PERSON

"Trust your intuition." Sik said on the other end of the phone.

"If you have the gut feeling that some funny shit is going on behind your back, then it's more than likely true. Better to think fast and be off than to not think about it at all and end up getting killed."

"You're right." Hoseok sighed.

A week later and he had still been thinking heavily about what went on at the club on the night of Jimin's birthday. To be honest, hoseok had never had like this before.

There were numerous times where he had been snaked. Hanseo and Dominic for example, and he got the job done with those two. But for some reason this time he didn't know what was up.

The club shooting didn't even make the news. And not only that, the streets hadn't been talking about it. Sure it would occasionally pop up in conversations in relations to the club, but nobody knew who the hell was involved in that shooting.

Naturally, hoseok was on edge. After the trauma and ptsd he got from dealing with Hanseo's psychotic tendencies, every shooting that occurred he would assume had something to do with him.

He couldn't let his thoughts eat him alive so he contacted Sik for some advice.

"Well what's your take on it?" Hoseok asked, staring down at the shiny counter he had been leaning against that trinity spent time scrubbing earlier.

It was midnight and he couldn't sleep. When he called Sik, the man was still up at his home doing paperwork and shit.

"I personally feel as if it's a very slim chance that this has anything to do with you but at the same time I'm iffy. Your men killed Ethan Kendrick and it's been sometime since I heard word on that. His family has been laying low but surely that haven't forgotten about their golden child. So I'll say watch your back."

Of course, he was right. The Kendrick's hadn't yet questioned him on the young CEO's disappearance. That was sketchy.

"True..." hoseok sighed, running his hand down his face. "This shit is so nerve racking."

Meanwhile, up in their bedroom, trinity sits up in bed at the realization that hoseok was laying there with her.

The girl frowned, reaching over to touch his spot on the bed which was still fairly warm. It was then that she heard that low voice from downstairs speaking and it was easy to tell who it was.

"Now why is he up?" Trinity mumbled to herself before climbing out of bed.

She slid her feet into her house slippers before walking out of the room. She followed the sound of his voice and it led her into the kitchen. Standing in the doorway for awhile, she listened to him speak and occasionally run his fingers through his hair as he stared off.

Clearing her throat, trinity crossed her arms over her chest and waited to be noticed.

Hoseok looked over his shoulder to see her. A small, temporary grin marks his lips but it slips away quickly.

"Look I'm gonna call it a night and you should too, old man." Hoseok says into the phone.

"Ahh I suppose you're right. I have to take the boys to school in a few hours. I'll talk to you later."