The gala dress was the one she had chosen not to wear that first night. The alternative version of the dress she had on during that first meeting back at the Night Court. But less scandalous, if she asked her brother. Luna started to get ready, washing herself after the morning training, preparing her hair, leaving the white strands free to frame her face. She lined her dark eye with kohl, and the light one with a lighter pigment, making both of them pop in their own unique way.

The dark blue eye, dark and mysterious, the light one, awake and alert. It was not often Luna took the time to study her own features, the markings on her skin, and how they made her hard to forget. Her hair and the way the white strands made others look twice. Lastly she put on the dress, just in time for whoever was going to escort her to the gala knocked on her door. Taking one last deep breath she opened her door, seeing Jacon standing there, and behind him. Tirian. He had also dressed up, but this time in more Day Court colours. Luna recognized the clothes from Kiras sketches for Night Court clothes in other Court's styles.

"Lady Luna." Jacon greeted her. "Tirian." He turned to Tirian, not that Luna cared. She only looked at the Darkbringer. They had not talked after he left the library, she had barely seen him since that day. But now, he was standing there, in front of her, and all she could do was to smile.

"Good to see you." She managed to say, holding her eyes on Tirian.

"Good to see you too." Tirian took her hand and she was back the day they walked around in the town. "I must say, that seamstress friend of yours can truly work magic."

"This way." Jacon begins to guide them back to the gala.

"I know, she is truly amazing." Luna said back, still focusing on Tirian. "I am still shocked that she managed to make like ten different outfits in like four days." She moved closer to Tirian.

"She must have started on some earlier." Tirian tried. "Is she coming tonight?" Luna shook her head.

"No..." The two sides of her, the one longing for her friends and family, and the one wanting to stand alone were fighting inside of her even more.

"I need to thank her when we travel back. Her clothes are amazing." He placed his hand on her arm. "Well, if we travel back."

"If?" Luna asked back.

"Well, I have been thinking, if we take a pause from trying to get this thing out of my head, would you like to travel to the other Courts? Maybe even outside of the island with me? You know, let us see the world for the first time together" Luna stopped mid step, thinking over the proposal. "You don't need to answer now. But think about it." Tirian started to walk again, but Luna stood still.

Travelling the Courts? She asked herself. Winter, summer maybe... Then she bit her tongue, remembering her family's different conflicts. Autumn was not an alternative, Spring even worse. But then there was Dawn... The place of Evalyns... Luna shook her head and started to walk again, catching up to the others soon after.

"I will think about it." She told Tirian just before they reached the great building with the gala hall.

"We are here. The High Lord will meet you in a moment before you walk in." Jacon told them and disappeared.

"Thank you." Tirian hugged her and Luna took in his scent. Rain and grass.

But not mate She accepted the fact that Tirian was not her mate, but she was still falling for him in some way.

"Ready?" Helion came walking towards them, pointing with his hand towards the doors. "Welcome to the Day Court."

The doors opened, and Luna could only gasp at the sight of the great hall. White and gold colours, in dazzling creations, dresses, suites, wrapped fabrics. It all seemed to glow in golden light, like the sun itself filled the room. Some were already dancing, others stood in smaller groups talking. Then they all stopped and turned towards them. Luna realised that she would not only stand out for her skin this evening, but the dark colours in her dress contrasted the others colours in the room.