Epilogue 6: Love you, Goodbye.

Start from the beginning

Paparazzi flash their cameras at us, all firing questions at my  face. My hold on the baby grows as I avoid them. Jeongguk places his hand at the small of my back, and I hear his little sniffles while he does.

"Are you okay?" I ask when we enter the limousine. The dark interior only shows me a faint expression on his face.

"I should really be asking you that question." He sighs, but the conversation ends there as more bodies pile into the car.

Taehyung moves toward the farthest seat, going into silent mode as soon as he makes eye contact with me. Grandmother passes her eyes between the two of us, raising a brow as I shrug at her. Namjoon follows after, sitting beside me and he still cries. Even when I hold onto his hand, the tears don't stop. Same for Jin who takes a seat beside Mother, still shaking in pain at what he'd just witnessed.

Before the door can fully close, Gloria enters the car, carrying a folder in her hands. She sighs as she passes it to Nakhon, "Your fathers will. Please read it as soon as you all get home."

I want to reprimand her for choosing the worst time, but Jeongguk places a hand on my thigh.

"Thank you, Gloria." He speaks and she closes the door.

As we drive, the only sound going through the car is quiet sniffling and crying.

-

I sigh as I stand in the foyer, overlooking the gardens. It's a sunny day and the children freely run around, unaware of the heavy cloud that hangs over our household. Mother disappeared to her room with haste, not sparing either of us a glance. Taehyung was fast to run after her in hopes of offering some comfort.

Namjoon has been in the gym for over an hour with Jeongguk making sure he doesn't hurt himself. I could not stop him from going, his eyes would not allow me. Knowing how strong Namjoon is, seeing him as the emotional overflow he is right now feels uncomfortable. It's new.

Seokjin remained a shaking mess, even when his body finally put him to sleep. The tears tiring him out as they did our grandmother. I have never seen my family this broken. Even the death of Grandfather did not evoke this much emotion.

"No longer hiding behind your baby?" A deep voice speaks, pulling me out of my mind. The scenery, no longer having my attention. Instead, my brother carries a wary expression when facing me.

Taehyung wears a loose shirt, hair disheveled with red rimmed eyes. He looks a mess.

"You're one to speak about hiding." I mumble, turning away from his face. The hurt of being forgotten by him negating any remorse I could feel.

He hums, moving to stand beside me. The smell of alcohol wafts into the air as it reeks off his figure. Taehyung does not care for my nostrils as he sighs, turning his body toward me. I feel his stare as my gaze lingers in the happy children.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you all week. I just could not bare to face you looking emotionless while all I wanted to do was cry." He speaks, "I know the last conversation you had with Father didn't go well. I didn't understand your frustration with the company and his involvement, but I get it now-"

"You don't, Tae. None of you do." I interuppt, "I feel as though I've never made him proud. Nothing I ever did was good enough and now he's gone and I can't recall a moment where I truly felt like his daughter. " I shake my head at the revelation, voice growing weak. "You three had the best moments of him. You know who he was before money and business became his personality. I only know who he was with wealth and I want to feel something, anything, but I don't know how." I gulp, feeling my eyes begin to glisten at the truth.