• Chapter 5 •

"Get the body out!"

"Get the body out!"

Seokjin called for one of the officers on entering the crime scene.

He started yet another one of his days with a call from Namjoon asking for his presence at the Royal Paradise Hotel. Another one of the eminent businessmen was found dead in a suite of a 7 star hotel. The scene in front of him was horrifying.

"This is one brutal murder sir" Namjoon came before the shocked detective. The scene was equally disturbing to both of them. Seokjin only hummed before making his way towards the corpse.

The body that was just pulled out of the bathtub of the private suite had turned blue after being soaked in water for more than 10 hours. His hands and legs have been cuffed behind his body with plastic zip locks and mouth was sealed with duct tape. Anyone with a functioning head could tell that it was a murder with suffocation. The water that entered through his nose led to swelling of his lungs and his eyes were turned upside down. It was... brutal.

"What kind of monster would kill someone like this? This is absolute madness" Seokjin scrunched his nose upward at the sight of the man in front of him. He has grown twice his size with the water in his body and his nose has started bleeding too.

"The pressure on the nervous system led to nerve damage. The blood from the nose is a sign" Namjoon said, pointing at his face and nose. Seokjin shrugged his shoulders in disgust but carried on with the investigation.

"There are deep cuts on his wrists, the plastic has gotten deeper into his skin meaning he was struggling to get it loose" Seokjin checked the body further. Namjoon kept on writing everything his senior was telling him to use for further use.

"We have to find this lunatic. I'm seriously done with his antics now" Anger seeping through every word, Seokjin stood up to head out of the bathroom to collect anything relevant.

After thoroughly going through any traces of evidence, the detectives left the crime scene. Packing up the body in a bodybag, they delivered it to Yoongi in the forensic lab and made their way back to the station.

"Bring me all of his details" Seokjin ordered and Namjoon nodded his head in obligation. They both sat inside the police car and then headed back to the station.

Seoul Forensic Laboratory

The cadaver was laid flat on the observation table in front of a very displeased Dr. Yoongi. Starting his day with a physically disfigured dead body and mentally disturbing images was not one of the things on his to-do list, but having a job as a forensic expert has its perks. Hands in pocket and an unreadable expression on his face, he stared deeply confused at the body.

"What is it sir?" A sudden but foreign voice brought him back to reality, terrifying him to death in doing so. He looked around in a frenzy and was met with a blond guy. Same height as his, same skin complexion but a visibly prominent plump set of lips.