• Chapter 3 •

Forensic Laboratory, Seoul

"What did he tell you, Min?" Seokjin asked as soon as he entered the lab the next morning.

The corpse from the day before was laying square on the observation table of the lab and the forensic expert, Min Yoongi was just staring at it like there is no tomorrow.

"Dead man's tale" the shorter male simply replied making Seokjin snort a little at him.

"Do you think you're funny Min?" he asked, irritated at the youngest antiques.

"Took you long enough to figure it out. Now, stop wasting my time and come here" The doctor in a neat white lab coat gestured to the detective to follow him to the corpse.

"This man right here had been murdered" Yoongi said casually, glancing up and down the body in front of him. The detective elicits a smug look at his assistant Namjoon mouthing a 'told you so' before focussing back to the doctor in front of him.

"I ran some tests on him and there is no sign of chronic disease in him, meaning the death isn't natural. But then I found out this interesting fact" he stops once again looking at the detective. Seokjin was confused and so was Namjoon, so they didn't say anything and continued listening.

"The cup you bought here had milk tea and this man right here had a severe milk allergy. I scanned his organs and there are severe burn patterns in the inner lining of his stomach. I doubt someone deliberately gave him this because I think that this grown ass man would not have ordered a Milk Tea if he knew about his allergies" Yoongi finished explaining and looked at the two confused detectives.

"But Lactose Intolerance isn't fatal?" Namjoon piped in.

"Did I say Lactose Intolerance? LI is a minor problem people have with any dairy product but allergies from Milk can be deadly if ignored. Both are different things Kim" Yoongi spat at the assistant, earning a hidden snort from him.

"Alright. Well, Now we have to find who that someone is" Seokjin said, rubbing his head.

"That's for you to figure out. We're not colleagues so the bets are off for this one" Yoongi went back to his table, flipping through the pages of a case file. Seokjin gave him a stern glare before turning around to Namjoon.

"Any word from his family?" He asked his clumsy assistant who was currently gathering up the evidence of the case and in the process of doing that, knocked off one of the jars from a nearby stool.

"N-no sir. His wife left him around 4 years ago and denied any relationship with him. Her exact words were -he can die and I won't even bat an eyelash-"  Namjoon told the senior investigator.

"This is a VIP case. We can't let anything or anyone pass like that. I have a bad feeling about his wife. Keep an eye on her too" Seokjin said and the next second was walking out of the room with his glasses on the bridge of his nose.