Confessions and Fun facts

And it is back!! If you have read Trouble- my previous mafia book- you know I did a little bonus chapter of things that were supposed to appear in the book/ things that were removed. But also bits and pieces that went through my head while writing TMH.

This has been such a fun journey, one I have loved so much and it is all down to you lovely readers. Every vote and every comment I read brings a smile to my face :))

1. The most obvious- Josiah was supposed to be the love interest but I had no idea how to do it without falling into a similar pattern to Trouble.

2. Ilya and Gaia's relationship to me was more emotional/ psychological rather than physical. The point I left them at in this is very much open to interpretation but I never wanted them to admit they loved each other- it was deeper than that.

3. Her dad was supposed to be an absolute dickhead- like going as far as popping off his own kids- but it felt extreme. Hence the shitty explanation why he was being shady.

4. Valerius was just going to be misunderstood, he wanted more than the mafia, the marriage. But here we are. Same with Nora.

5. the little appearance of Giovanni in this made me cry- iykyk- because I could definitely see him and Gaia as really good friends :((

6. I didn't really go into the love lives of her brothers but in my head I saw Amori as a little softie completely fixated on one girl- proper whipped. It just seemed fitting giving him a cute HEA after his past.

7. Back to a previous point- Eliseo and Francesco were supposed to be 'killed' by their dad in a fit of rage when they found out the truth.

8. I wanted Gaia to have a complicated past- but not be a bad bitch like Cecilia.

9. I wanted to more of a crossover between trouble and tmh but to be honest the timelines exist at the same time. There is only a few months in age between Gaia and Cecilia. So when this takes place, Cecilia has just started with the vault

10. Fabiano and Feliciano were adopted out of a child trafficking ring in Italy by Giorgio and Alessandro (not sure if this was mentioned during the book or not) which is why Amori and Gaia's past hit hard as well

11. I didn't talk about Michael much for a while but he basically got killed straight away when Raff got his hands on him

12. Ilya's family are basically the Russian FBI- very legal but sometimes dabble in the wrong side of law for close friends- they weren't supposed to be Russian either

All my love my darlings

--M <3