five

The drive to the hotel was only a meant to be short one, but it was an eternity, it was then that everything was finally setting in for me.

I had a family, I had a father, I had brothers. I had people who could truly love me. Was this the acceptance I needed to finally be me. But the one thing that was circulating my mind was could I truly trust them with everything.

My past was complicated, that I could say with the upmost certainty, but I was scared that my past would send them away from me.

I couldn't handle that the family I had just found would no longer want me.

"Gaia we have arrived." I snap my head up and meet Agostino, who was holding the door open for me, he had his hand out for me to take. I take it with no hesitancy as he leads me through the hotel to the top floor penthouse.

In any normal circumstances I would be shocked, but they are amongst the richest people in the world. This must be regular behaviour for all of them.

We arrives at the penthouse, and my nerves take over me.

Raffaele follows in behind me, setting down my backpack with my personal belongings in.

"Regazzi venite qui sotto!" Raffaele yells, it slightly startled me even though he was stood beside me, who the hell needs to yell that loudly.

(Boys, get your asses down here now!)

He frowns slightly, when he saw me wince but I just smile in response, letting him know I was fine, because I was.

Slow, yet heavy footsteps make their way down the marbled, curved staircase in the centre of the penthouse.

That is an odd place to put a staircase...

I gasp when a pair of huge arms wrap tightly around my shoulders, but when I recognise the male to be Eliseo, who would have known that a few days ago that the man I was interviewing would turn out to be my brother.

I definitely didn't, but hey, life always has unexpected turn in it I guess.

"It's good to see you Gaia, this time in the way I hoped it to be." I wrap my arms around his waist, squeezing slightly, letting him know that I appreciated his words.

"It's good to see you too. Would now be the wrong time to ask if I can ask you more questions?" He laughs, he pulls away his hands holding my upper arms.

"When we return home, you find me and I'll answer anything." He promises, I hold my pinky out. He looks between me and my pinky, he smiles before linking his own pinky with mine.

We smile at one another, staying silent before a voice interrupts us. "Eli, move it's my turn." I don't see the source the voice.

I step around Eliseo, to see a boy, he didn't look much older than me, his curly brown hair that was sat messily on his head, pieces were falling all over his forehead. He keeps running his hands through his hairdo get it out his dark hazel eyes. He has a small freckle above his right eyebrow.

Just like me.

He wears glasses too, at least I wasn't the only blind one in the family.

The pair of us could pass as twins, we were that similar.

He steps forward, slowly. His eyes meeting my own. I smile at him in reassurance because bless his heart, he seemed so nervous, but I don't think he was at all.

I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist, "hi."

After a few quiet moments he wraps his arms around me and whispers back, "Hi."