twenty- seven

Gaia's dress is above.

Author's Note at the end if youse are interested.

=========================

Have I mentioned I hate dressing up? If I haven't.

I really fucking hate dressing up.

I have people poking at my face or tugging at my hair, I've already been sat here for an hour and a half. I'm hungry, tired and frustrated.

Also, Papa gave specific instruction on how I should look tonight for some reason, but am I listening? Hell fucking no. He wanted me to wear some bright ass eyeshadow to match the yellow- yeah, the fucking yellow- of my dress.

I immediately refused when the makeup artist pulled out this rainbow palette. I settled for a more natural look, with light dustings of blush, bronzer and highlighter. I'm wearing fake lashes which is weird, but I'm coping.

I had to admit, my face- for once- looked really pretty. Clearly effort does get your somewhere. The hair stylist is currently curling my hair into loose, bouncy curls.

The door to my bedroom opens and my head snaps up at the intrusion, the hair stylist scoffs at the movement since she almost burnt herself on the curling iron.

Oops sorry...

Stood in the doorway was Armano and Amori.

Armano had a soft smile on his face, while Amori had a mocking smile. How I want to punch that smile off of his stupid fac-

"How you doing piccolo dea?" He questions through his own chuckling. I give him the middle finger salute in response.

"I hate you." I pause. "Armano you are my new favourite twin-"

"So I wasn't before-"

"Of course you wasn't look at me-"

"Shut up both of you. Could one of you get me some mango and a bottle of water please." I bat my eyelashes at them, flashing the classic puppy dog eyes. Of course, they concede. "I'll go get it now." Armano replies.

Amori stays back, he strides over to me leaning down placing a soft kiss to my temple. Before he talks again he dismisses the stylists. "Really Gaia. How are you? You've been different."

"I'm fine, Mor."

He rolls his eyes. "Don't lie."

"It's not-"

"Don't you fucking say it's nothing G. It is something. You came out of Raff's office yesterday in tears." His eyes had soften considerably, he was searching my eyes for answers that I could never tell him. "Just ask Raffaele."

"I don't want to hear it from Raff, I want to hear it from you."

Just as I was going to reply Armano walks back in: "Dad said to let them back in as we are already running late." He places the plate and bottle on the desk in front of me and I kiss his cheek in appreciation. The stylists walk back in as the twins leave, but Amori doesn't hesitate to shoot me a look that tells me that this conversation is far from over.

I knew it wasn't. I knew Raff couldn't be the only one to burden with this. But Raff was the most logical person in my mind. He wouldn't have acted as irrationally as Amori, or hot headed Eliseo. I knew in my mind that his Capo traits would trump his brotherly instincts.

When I was finally ready, I didn't even glance at myself in the mirror. This wasn't me. I was never the girl that dressed up, or the girl who was caked in makeup. I was the girl who went everywhere in ripped jeans, hair up and out of my face with little to no make up on.