eighteen

I couldn't imagine anything more awkward than the shit show of a car ride home with papa and Eliseo, I spent most of the journey home staring out of the window avoiding the gaze of my papa through the rearview mirror. I caught him looking at me empathetically and he just sent me a tight lipped smile when he saw me also.

I can't decide if I want to be at home or if I wanted to spend even longer with Aunt Gianna, she gave me her number just before leaving telling me if I needed anything she will be there straight away at the drop of a hat.

Eliseo stayed silent too spending most of his time typing away on his phone or talking with papa in Italian.

I need to start learning it, I have neglected a few of my lessons with Armano.

I haven't been taking it as seriously as I wanted.

I probably should if I want to have any form of conversation, or joining a conversation in my family.

Getting back home, I wanted to nothing more than to get out of my uniform, I have been in this shit for over 12 hours. I was in desperate need of a shower and maybe some more food. But of course my papa had other ideas.

As I was about to walk up the stairs papa stepped in front of me giving me a stern look pointing in the direction of the living room, I scoff and follow behind Eliseo.

I walk into the room, everyone was sat down around the room either on their phone or watching some action film on the screen. Or in Armano's case reading some classic written in Italian.

Does this boy read anything other than classics?

I sit down beside Francesco, but keeping my distance. Raffaele was the only one truly in the wrong and honestly I can't be mad at him, I guess in his mind he did the right thing but I want them to understand why I am mad.

They want my respect, they want my trust and until then they need to understand my boundaries.

Everyone looked at me expectantly, they want me to talk, I know they do I just don't know what they want me to say, or what I want to say to them. Instead of talking, I text Gianna letting her know I am at home, I also reply to the group chat with the guys at school.

I am yet to see Josiah message in this chat, I know he is in it but I guess he isn't just a sociable person.

Another reason he is a complete mystery to me.

When no one was talking just continuing with their own shit I stand up, taking my bag and coat with me. Creedus following behind me while Octavius stays beside Raff.

"Where are you going Gaia, we haven't spoken yet." Raffaele's voice follows behind me when I am just outside the door, I turn around to meet his eyes. They remained emotionless as they stared me down, intimidated me into talking,

"I was at there for 40 minutes and no one said anything. When you can give me a real explanation as to why he was here then I will talk to you again." My explanation was aimed towards Raffaele and him only.

"Gaia- I don't need to explain myself to you. You need to respect me I am your elder." His tone was raising, the volume he was reaching scare me slightly, it reminded me of Vito but I have learnt to hide my fear.

He wasn't going to belittle me, push me into a corner.

"I don't have to explain myself either, respect Raff is earned through trust. You need to trust me that when I, and only I is ready to tell you then I will." With that I turn around and walk away, seemingly relaxed. I throw my bag down on my desk, discarding of my coat in my wardrobe and my uniform in the hamper.