eight

THANK YOU FOR 450 READS!!

I also went back and changed the second half of chapter 7, so please check it out as it will continue in this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~

Gaia's POV

"Bambina what happened 5 years ago?" Eliseo questioned me, he had a hard look on his face. I've been here two days. I was no where near ready to reveal to them everything.

I couldn't do that.

When the Matias' 'rescued me'.

"I- I don't like thinking about it." I look down shamelessly, I can't even trust my family. I know they want me to be honest, I want to be honest too but it's too soon. I already care a great deal for them, maybe even love them.

But I can't do this to myself.

"We can help you Gaia. Tell us whatever you are comfortable telling us." My papa reassures, rubbing his hand up and down my back in a calming motion. I was surrounded by my papa, Raffaele, Eliseo, Amori and our cousin, Giancarlo.

I recognised him from the Matias Ball, it is hosted every year for business partners and associates to come together. The family loved the celebration of their wealth and they made a big show of it. I accompanied the family last year, so they could flaunt their latest asset.

It was what got me so interested in business, why I worked so hard for the scholarship to St. Louis. But now I supposedly have wealth at my fingertips, one of the most expensive private schools in the world, I am attending and it is no skin of my papa's back.

I sigh heavily, getting comfortable, I cross my legs underneath me. "I don't remember much about what actually happened to me. I just remember after. I was taken in by the Matias', I never really had a surname before when i was living with the Laurels, i wasn't allowed to go to school. Vito, felt it was n obligation to give me their name." I didn't tell them the complete truth, but it isn't a lie.

"What did you recover from?" Raffaele questioned, his jaw was clenched, but he remained calm. I wasn't sure if it was for my sake, or his own.

"I was just severely malnourished. I wouldn't eat properly even when I was better, It took everything to get me to eat. I owe everything to them." I look down solemnly, I felt like a robot. The words flowed so simply from me. I just don't know if I truly mean them.

I haven't seen them in eight months. Vito, Karina and Valerius.

Eliseo must have noticed my downward mood as he looked at me sympathetically. "When was the last time you saw them."

"At the last ball. I get left a voicemail once a month." I look down at my laced hands in my lap.

"We can help you get in contact with them." Carlo confesses, his eyes holding the real truth.

"How?"

Everyone shares a look, they are hiding secrets too. It was so obvious. They can't scrutinise me if they doing the exact same thing.

I know their secrets were intense, each time I asked to deep questions like now, how was they going to get in contact with one family. Without any prior knowledge of the family?

I wasn't stupid. Whatever they were involved with on the side wasn't entirely legal. It was the same with the Matias', they had a whole other empire beside they Coral Resorts. The business people that were always around gave me that sketchy vibe.

I always felt like their money was a way of paying for my silence. I guess I'll never know.

The things I saw when I lived with them.