four

Gaia's POV

Returning home after the interview two days ago and it was still all I thought about, I was confused. The interview itself was relaxed and to be honest it went really well, I got all the answers I wanted to my questions and I have plenty of material to right a lengthy expose about the Romardi enterprises.

Isn't the purpose of an exposé to you know, expose the individual?

But it's a positive report about them so how does that make sense. I guess I'm just going with what I have and hope it goes well.

But I couldn't take my mind off how comfortable I felt meeting two of the most important men in the trading world. I was like talking to old friends you haven't seen in a long time.

I clearly reading into it too much.

I am reorganising my notes, going through the recordings jotting down key parts on the recording I never wrote down before hand, which was lot, I never realised how much i asked, and what they gave me.

My train of thought was interrupted by my door swinging open, it was one of the other girls, Rhiannon, she was chewing gum loudly and quite obnoxiously. I look up at her dropping my pen, looking at her over my glasses.

"Can I help you?" I ask sarcastically.

She rolls her eyes, looking down at her phone, "the patron wants to see you now in the dining room."

"Right now?"

"Yep." She walks away slamming the door shut on her way out, she could've left it open, I mean I do need to walk out of it right now.

I walk down the stairs, into the small dining room. The matron and patron were sat at the head of the table, talking amongst themselves. Matron looked happy... an emotion I've never seen her express at all. I've been living here for over 2 years and I have never seen her smile.

Patron had his usual straight face as he was going through paperwork, I knock on the door not wanting to barge in and get scolded for my 'misbehaviour'.

"Have a seat kid." He says dismissively. Patron was always the calmest between the pair, he did get frustrated, occasionally shouting at us but the punishments were mostly given by the matron, who was just harsh.

I sit down on the right of him, he moves his paperwork away from us and turning to me, he realises his wife was still in the dining room, he asked her to leave. She refused at first but eventually agreed, shutting the door behind her.

"I just wanted to apologise for her behaviour last night, Felix came and saw me this morning, he had a nasty bruise on his shoulder, all of his face. She rarely lays a hand on kid, with it being Felix and yourself I had to personally apologise." Patron had a soft spot for Felix, he has been here the longest.

"It's alright, she was angry."

"That doesn't justify it Gaia." He retorts, he was right, no one should deal with that, not the emotional and verbal beat downs.

I nod, he continues. "With that being said, Gaia you have visitors?"

"Visitors?"

It couldn't be them?

I haven't seen them since I moved in here, why would it be them?

Stupid Gaia

"They are in my office waiting to see you." He pats my shoulder as he leaves with his paperwork, going up the stairs.

I stay sitting down for a few minutes wondering who the hell it can be, I never have visitors, it's normally the Santiago's but since they are in Spain, it is definitely not them. Thinking to myself that I'll just bite the bullet, just to go and fins out who it was. I get up and go to Patron's office.