six

Waking up was unfamiliar to me, I am sinking into the mattress every time I roll over. Well, I say rollover but lets be honest, I can't exactly move with two giant puppies taking up 70% of the bed. I sit up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. Creedus, sensed my movements and tried to climb onto my lap, I scratch him behind his ears, he gets very excited that he ends up waking up Octavius, who then was prying for my attention.

There was a knock on the bedroom door, they come inside after a few silent seconds. It was Armano.

"Morning Fiore (flower), dad wants you downstairs for breakfast." At the mention of food, both pups were up and gunning for the kitchen, I hadn't even gotten out of bed.

"I'll be down in a moment." He nods, closing the door, leaving me on my own once again.

I head into the bathroom, wanting a quick shower, the feeling of travelling then not immediately showering leaves me feeling dirty, so after showering using the minimal products that were in the bathroom.

I really need to go buy some

I wonder if I have been sent my money?

I finish showering, changing into a pair of joggers and a shirt, that was sure to cover the gigantic bruise on my hip which was now dark purple in colour.

I make my way down the main staircase which was directly off of my bedroom, getting to the bottom, Francesco was waiting for me at the bottom.

"Right this way piccolo for the best pancakes and bacon of your life." I chuckle at him, while following him to the kitchen. I look around trying to remember where everything is. I may just ask for a tour later on.

Getting to the kitchen, Raffaele was cooking over the stove. He was in a black dress shirt, completely ready for a day at work, but right now he was causally flipping pancakes over the stove in a yellow apron.

It was quite the sight for sore eyes.

I greet everyone good morning, receiving some in return and a groan from Amori, who had his head down on the table.

A plate of pancakes, with bacon and syrup is placed in front of me and I smile at Eliseo as he moves away.

Once everyone was seated we all dig in, no one talks for a little while as they engorge on their food that was absolutely delicious. I haven't had a home cooked meal in about 2 years. I didn't realise I was eating so quickly when dad puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Angelo, slow down, it isn't going anywhere." He laughs, I smile sheepishly, only slowing down moderately. Basically, until it was all gone.

When everyone had finished up, the plates were taken away, it was expecting for someone to at least initiate leaving the table, but no one moves. I look around but stop at dad when he I find him staring right back at me.

"We just wanted to discuss a few things with you." He acknowledges.

"Go ahead."

"It's just some rules Gaia." I nod, dad pulls out a piece of paper form his suit jacket and hands it to me. I look at it sceptically while unfolding it.

1. Keep up good grades, check in with Francesco at least once a day.

2. Curfew is 9pm on a weekday, 11pm on a weekend- let us know where you are going and ask for ride home.

3. Be honest and respect us.

4. No drugs, alcohol or getting arrested.

"Is this it?" I question, scanning the piece of paper.