𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐬

{ SEASON 3 CHAPTER 1 }

"Goodbyes suck"

We have a plan to save Rafael. I mean, Hope comes up with a plan. Lizzie will siphon Landon to give energy to Rafael except that he will no longer be a Phoenix, so he will be deadly. The two witches have prepared everything necessary to perform the spell. Lizzie starts siphoning off Landon, except it doesn't work. He has no more magic. He is no longer a Phoenix.

There is no more solution. Rafael is going to die and he wants to spend his last day with these friends, have a party.

That same evening, Raf organizes a party with the whole school gathered. But everyone is sad, it looks more like a funeral than a party. Then everyone starts talking about funny or embarrassing moments Raf said or did. It's kinda funny to hear I have to admit.

I'm in a kind of little house watching the party with Landon. We both sit on the stairs. Raf comes to join us.

"Hey guys, come one. Bring your ass outside." He said smiling like nothing is gonna happen.

"I'm sorry. I can't pretend." Landon said sadly.

I look at the ground and Raf sits down next to the two of us. "Come one guys. I want to spend the time I have left with my brother and sister." He said smiling. We all laugh.

"Alright. Just the three of us." I said smiling. We hug.

[...]

We eat in Landon and Rafael's room. We talk and laugh like in the good old days.

"I'm sorry Raf. I really tought that Hope would find a way. I mean, it's what she do, finds ways." Landon said.

"Yeah but don't worry. I talked to her earlier and I think I scared her."

"Hope doesn't scare easily. What did you say to her ?" I ask.

"I was going to ask her to look out for you two after I'm gone."

We all look down. "Well, you don't have to worry about me. Now that she knows that I'm not a phoenix anymore, she won't let me step foot outside." Landon said. We all laugh.

Suddenly, we hear someone knocking on the door. He's a member of Raf's pack. "You didn't ask for this but we tought just in case." He said. We all frown. It's Rafael's father. He comes and give him a hug.

After a few hours, the sun rises and Rafael will die. Me Landon and Father Raf hold his hand and he disappears, I mean he really disappears. It is as if he had gone elsewhere.

With Landon, we leave the room and Hope is in front of us. "He's gone." Landon said to Hope. "I mean he's really gone."

"I didn't know werewolves disappear when they die."

"They don't." Hope said

We walk with her and she explains everything to us. "Last night Rafael told me his version of how he views Heaven. And that gives me an idea. Even if we couldn't heal him, we could save him. With Lizzie we created a world with the ascendant and the supernova." She said.

[...]

Everyone in the school is in the world Lizzie and Hope have created for Rafael to say goodbye one last time.

A little later, we meet all three to say goodbye again. We are in front of the Salvatore school, at the entrance.

"I can't believe she found a solution." Rafael said.

"Like I said, she always finds ways."

We all smile but don't knowing what to say.

"Goodbyes suck." I said.

"Definitely."

We all laugh. Rafael's family wait for him in the car so we hug each other but Landon break it. "Wait, I almost forgot!" He said running inside the school. We all confuse. When he come back, he have a sword with him. The sword with he saved people and he learn that he was part of royalty. We laugh. Landon give the sword and then, Raf leave with he's parents.

[...]

It's the night, I head for the deck where I used to go to relax. But I see two people, it's Hope and Landon. They speak, finally, they argue. I listen to their conversation.

Apparently, Landon thinks Hope can not handle the fact that he is a human. Landon moves away and Hope looks at the lake. I decide to approach Hope. "Hey." I said. She jumps.

"Sorry, I didn't want to scare you."

"Don't worry."

I approach a little more and finds me next to her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" She said looking at me.

"Because you had a fight with Landon." She turns away and look at the floor.

"If you do not want to talk about it matter. Just, try to talk to him and put things clear with him."

She looks at me and smiles. I smile back."And I wanted to tell you thank you. For saving Rafael."

"You're welcome." She said still smiling.