𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

{ SEASON 2 CHAPTER 10 }

"Part of me hoped you would come back

"Part of me hoped you would come back."

Me and Rafael are trying to convince Landon to come back to life. We decide to show him Hope, who is lying on a bed sleeping. Apparently, Hope won't wake up until Landon returns. Hours later, Landon finally agreed. The Necromancer brings him back to life. And in the meantime, Alaric tells me he's not going to lock me in the cell anymore. I'm happy.

I wait with Rafael in the room where Hope is. A few minutes later, Landon arrives. I smile and he smiles back. We hug each other.

"I'm sorry. For everything." I said.

"You're forgiven." Landon said. I am relieved.

Hope wakes up. Landon rushes over to her. When she sees him, she smiles. They are kissing. Then Hope gets up and sees us. "Li?" She said.

"I'm back." I said smiling. She gives me a hug. I wasn't expecting that from her but I said nothing and gave her a hug in return. We split up and give Raf a hug. The four of us leave the room and go to join the others.

They were all in the living room, the twins, MG, Kaleb. They all smile when they see Hope, Landon and Rafael and they all hug each other. When they see me, their smiles fade. That does not surprise me. "Hey..." I said. They look me up and down.

"Look, I know I've done terrible things and I'm so sorry about that and I understand that you don't trust me. But, I just want to redeem myself." I said. I was sincere in saying that, and I still am. But I can see everyone's faces they are not ready to forgive me.

"Okay, so, ripper. I'm not going to forgive you for what you did to me and my sister and my dad." Lizzie said. I knew full well she was going to tell me something like that. I understand her, neither would I want to forgive someone who tried to kill me or their family. The others agree with her. And they all leave.

MG walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder, "You know, they need time. But I forgive you." He said smiling, I smile back,

"Thank you, MG." And he leaves.

I head for a quiet place. The lake. There is never anyone there at this hour. I have the prism with me. The one Hope gave me when she wanted to bring back my humanity. I don't really know why I took it with me. Maybe I just wanted to see my dad. Even if it's not really him.

The object starts to sparkle, I turn my head and I see it, Stefan Salvatore. I smile and he smiles at me.

"You have regained your humanity." He said. I look in front of me to look at the view of the lake

"Yeah, thanks to Raf and Lan." I said looking down.

"What are you thinking ?" He ask.

I look at him.

"Nothing."

"Right... thinking about Hope blah blah blah..." he said

I laugh "Not true." He laugh.

We weren't talking to each other, but after a while he broke the silence. "So... why am I here?" He ask.

"I don't really know. Maybe I just wanted to see you." I say still looking at the lake. He smiles, "Okay, I'll keep you company then." He said. I smile.

The hours pass, I speak to my father's hologram. I really feel alone, I won't hide it. So I explain this whole story to him.

"People are never going to look at you the same way again, that's right. They're going to be suspicious, distant. But you can always show them that the part of you they saw is gone. You're not a monster, Lilith." He said.

These words comfort me. I smile at those words and then go back to my school room. I'm still in the same room as Hope. She's already there. I go in and go to settle in my bed. I notice that all my things are still there. I would have thought they would have moved it.

"I thought we would have taken all my stuff." I said to Hope. She looks at me

"I ask not to do it." She said. I frown in confusion

"Why?" I ask.

"Part of me hoped you would come back." She said. I look wide, and finally, I smile. She smiles back at me. We start to talk about everything and finish everything, we fall asleep with fatigue.

[...]

The next day, I will say hello to Rafael and Landon. Landon has a book in his hands and they are talking about King Arthur's lineage. Landon explains to me that the other day, Raf defeated one of the monsters with a sword he tore from a stone that only a descendant of King Arthur can tear. So Rafael is a descendant of a king. I'm kidding, Landon was so serious telling me this story, it was really funny.

Rafael takes Landon's book, he wants to get it back. He begins to fight to get it back. It's a joke, it's not violent. Except Raf starts to bleed from his nose, black blood. Then he gets down to the ground and starts coughing up black blood.

"Oh my god! Raf!" I scream. It's disgusting.

We're going to find Alaric straight away. The witches test Raf to find out what happens to him. Alaric and I went to find the Necromancer in his crypt.

"We had a deal!" Alaric scream.

They start to talk about what's happening. And then the Necromancer starts to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I say hope for him.

"I followed your words to the letter!" He said

"It was dooming them all over again." Alaric said. I don't understand.

"What does that mean?" I ask confused.

"They're all gonna die."