𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

{ SEASON 2 CHAPTER 9 }

Look, I know I've done horrible things

Look, I know I've done horrible things. I'm aware of it. You can lock me up if you want to but all I want now is to save my friends."

I run to Landon and Rafael, they hug each other. "Lan! Raf!" I scream. Landon turns to me, "Li?" He says confused. I see Rafael's eyes change color. They are white. The memories of my mother go back, she too had white eyes when she was controlled by the Necromancer. Rafael plants the golden arrow in Landon's belly. He falls to the ground. I start to cry. I couldn't control it.

I'm starting to remember all the horrible things I've done. I wanted to torture Josie, it's my fault that Lizzie almost died, I almost killed Alaric, and it's because of me that Josie is like that now, I killed Landon, I killed about fifty people in a bar and I had a fight with Hope.

I'm starting to have a lot of emotions, sadness, anger, regrets, guilt,... I couldn't help but cry. Fortunately, Rafael is back to normal. Those eyes are brown again, he looks at me confused and he sees Landon on the ground. He understood that he killed him. I get up and face Rafael. I try to find words to speak, but I can't. He's crying too. "I want to hug you but I'm afraid to give you the same as I did to Landon." He says sadly. "Don't worry." I said.

I take a deep breath, "We gotta get him to school." I said. He nods. We're heading towards Salvatore school. Alaric will probably lock me up again, but that's not what matters at the moment.

Once in front of the school, Rafael and I enter. I put Landon on the ground. Rafael went to find Alaric. A few minutes later, I hear footsteps and voices. It's Raf and Ric. I see them both arrived, first, Alaric looks at Landon and then looks at me. "You killed him?" He said angry, I get up and Raf stands in front of me. One way to protect me, "No, it's not her. It's me. The Necromancer made me do this."

Alaric looks at Rafael. He doesn't know what to believe, we can see him in his head. I gently push Raf to face Alaric. "Look, I know I've done horrible things. I'm aware of it. You can lock me up if you want to but all I want now is to save my friends." I say sincerely.

He agree. I breathe with relief. The three of us are looking for a way to save Landon. Rafael takes the sword that Alaric took as a precaution. He gives it to him. "Put me down." He said. I look at Raf confused, "What? No! We're not going to do that Raf !" I said.

"It's the only way, Li!" He scream. "The Necromancer made me kill Landon, he might ask me to kill you or someone else!" I have tears forming in my eyes. "I'm already dead, Li." Raf said.

"We're gonna find a way to save you and save Landon, okay?" Alaric said. "I hate to say that but, he's right." I said. Raf starts to cry, he stands in front of the wall in front of him, after a few seconds he turns to me and Dr. Saltzman, he laughs. We both frown in confusion, "He was trying to warn you." This is not Rafael. He hits Alaric and he falls to the ground.

He tries to hit me, I dodge his hit. We start to fight. "Raf! Stop!" I scream. He keeps hitting me. I hit him back, but unfortunately he breaks my neck. When I wake up, I am locked up. Again. Rafael and Alaric are no longer. They may be in danger and there is nothing I can do.

I've been locked up for hours, I'm going to go crazy. I walk over to the bars, "My mouth is starting to hurt from screaming but can someone come and open me!" I scream. No answer. Seriously, what I expected to scream for I don't know how many times.

Suddenly someone arrives. It's Alaric. "Finally! Can I get out?" I ask. He took a moment to answer me, I know it's gonna be bad news. "No." He said. I look down and go back to sit on the bed a little further away. "Can I at least tell if Raf and Lan are okay? And the others too?" I said

"I make a deal with the Necromancer. He wanted all the dark magic Josie had in her and in return, he released Rafael from his grip and he has to bring Landon back to life. Lizzie is alive, Josie is fine." He answers me with his hands in his pockets. I'm glad to know that my friends are doing well. Well, Raf is still my friends, but the others probably hate me.

"What about Hope? Is she okay?" I ask. He looks down, something is wrong. "She...She went into Josie's mind to help her except she didn't wake up." I bow my head, it's kind of my fault. If I hadn't had the idea to unleash all the dark magic and put it in Josie, we wouldn't be here.

[...]

I have been locked up here for a day now. Alaric comes to bring me blood bags in the morning, noon and evening. I feel like a child. At noon, Alaric comes and offers to see Rafael. Obviously I say yes. He ties my hands in handcuffs filled with vervain. "Seriously?" I said. He looks at me, "Yes. I don't want you to kill anyone." I roll my eyes.

I join Rafael, when he sees me, he smiles and comes to give me a hug. "Are you okay ?" He ask to me. "Fine. You?" I ask. "Fine." We smile, suddenly the Necromancer arrives, it looks like he's holding something or someone but it's invisible. He looks even dumber than usual.

Rafael says Landon's name, he rushes to this invisible thing and tries to give it a hug but obviously it doesn't work. The necromancer explains that Landon does not want to come back to life. I make big eyes. "Landon Kirby. I don't know where you are in this room but are you serious here? Accept what he offers! Oh my god." I said.

Alaric is off to try to find out why Hope doesn't wake up. Rafael and I are trying to convince Landon to come back.