Chapter 57: Harvest

Ji Qiulei and Ji Qiuhong have already started their summer vacation, and both of them have achieved good results in the final exams. Happy Ji's mother gave each of them ten dollars in pocket money, and even Ji Qiubai bought a set for each of them. The new clothes are a reward. Now, the two little ones are studying hard. In addition to helping the family work all day, they are doing summer homework. In the end, Ji Qiubai asked the two to combine work and rest, and they relaxed a little. Come down.

Ji Qiubai came early. When she arrived, Ji's mother and the others began to eat breakfast. Seeing her, Ji Qiuhong immediately ran to the kitchen to add dishes to her sister, and Ji Qiulei hurried to move the stool.

Looking at this posture, Ji Qiubai pushed the bicycle into the door, and said: "You don't need to work, sister came here after eating." It's a pity that the two little ones didn't hear it at all. Chopsticks, I moved the stool or moved the stool. Ji Mu said: "It's okay to eat, eat a little more." Ji Qiubai put the bicycle in the yard and walked over and sat down on the stool that Ji Qiulei moved, "I have eaten, and then eat. It's dying."

Ji Mu stretched out her hand and knocked on her head, "It's early morning, what's not dead, talk nonsense." Then she put the salted duck eggs that had just been peeled from her bowl into her bowl.

Ji Qiubai picked up the chopsticks and took it back, "Mom, don't give it to me, I really can't eat it, I only come here when I'm full at home."

Where is Ji Mu willing to go back, "I have to work later and eat more. only fresh. "

JI Qiu white ridiculous," received food needs much effort, again, we have Leizi, his strength a great deal, "said her brother to look, to find identity," you say it, Leizi! "

JI Qiu Lei very much agreed with his sister's words, patted his chest and said

dryly : "It's on my body." Ji Qiuhong grabbed the porridge beside him and said unwillingly, "Sister, and me!" Ji Qiubai was

happy. "Okay, wait on you!"

Ji Mu has taken care of the several acres of vegetables at home very well. At a glance, the green cabbage rape, red pepper tomato, and purple eggplant are all growing very well. It looks very gratifying. Of course, there are also Jiqiubai. At the beginning, it was because of the spatial stream water being poured many times. Ji Qiubai is planning to fully develop the fruit and vegetable shop into a vegetable shop, because the fruits are too conspicuous. Vegetables can be said to be grown at home, but the fruits are not good, and many colleagues have already turned to her before. Inquiring about the purchase channel, although she was temporarily blocked by her, the paper could not contain the fire after all. Driven by interests, she did not dare to guarantee what others would do, so for safety, she decided to be more cautious.

The vegetable field is at the door of the house. Ji Qiubai asked Ji Qiulei to move the vegetable basket to the ridge, and then he and Ji Mu started harvesting vegetables with a knife. The first cut was the cabbage, and the two small ones were followed by a basket with a basket. After picking up their cut vegetables, when the basket is full, they will refer to the small water pool next to the vegetable field to clean the soil, and then put them in the vegetable basket.

Repeating this, after one morning passed, they had already collected the cabbage and rapeseed. Ji Mu looked at the sun, wiped the sweat on his face, and said: "Okay, let's eat the rest in the afternoon. Let's do it again."

Ji Qiubai nodded, took away the knife, and then went to the sink to clean the muddy feet and trousers.

The lunch was made by Ji Qiubai. Ji Mu wanted to do it, but she was sent to rest. She made three dishes and one soup, cold cucumber, steamed carp and fried a plate of cabbage that was just harvested today with bacon. The soup is fish head tofu soup. Although the dish is simple, it has a fragrant aroma and makes one's forefinger moving. Even Ji Qiuhong, who usually has a small appetite, has a second bowl.

"Sister, if you come back every day to cook," Ji Qiulei said while pulling the rice in his mouth. Ji Qiuhong

also nodded, "Sister cooks the most delicious food, and Mom does not compare to it."

Ji Mu laughed and scolded: "Two idiots, how can your sister come back every day when she is married." But the eldest sister is really cooking. It's so fragrant, and the craftsmanship can't even match her cooking for decades.

Ji Qiubai is already full, sipping soup, and said: "It's impossible to come home to cook for you, but when you go to school in the future, you can come to the shop to eat during lunch break."

"Sister, you want to eat in the shop." Do you cook in the shop?" Ji Qiulei asked vaguely, chewing the fish.

Ji Qiubai nodded.

"Great!" the two little horses said in unison.

Season mother actually asked: "You fire at the shop, how your mother says."

"She agreed ah, but my mother said she later also to the shop to help, noon just cook it."

Season mother was under this Feeling relieved, suddenly remembered another thing, and said to Ji Qiubai: "Sister, your aunt Ming came to me last night and asked if I want to install a phone?"

Call? Ji Qiubai was stunned.

Ji Mu continued: "There are several households in the village who have installed them. I heard that it is convenient. As long as they have a number, they can hear each other even if they are separated by thousands of miles. I thought about installing one at home. It is also convenient to talk to you. When you go home, you can discuss with your mother-in-law and install one. It is also convenient for you to contact Gu Shao. I heard that there are telephones in the army. "

Why did she forget the magical device of telephone!" ! What a convenient thing! Ji Qiubai patted his head, "Have you installed the phone? Did Aunt Ming say how much it will cost?"

When it comes to this, Ji's mother has a painful expression on her face, "It's expensive, it costs 800 yuan, and listen. I said that I have to pay phone bills every month in the future."

Ji Qiubai doesn't think it's expensive. Ji Mu is a person who has been accustomed to living a poor life. I can't wait to split the two halves to spend a dime: "Expensive is a bit more expensive, but it is convenient, just install one, and I will be able to talk to you without going home in the future."

Ji Mu deeply agreed, "I want to pretend to be one because of this. Then I will talk to Aunt Ming in the evening. Remember to discuss with your mother-in-law to pretend to be one even if you can't meet Gu Shao much. Talking often so that he remembers that he still has a home and a wife."

Ji Qiubai nodded a little embarrassedly.

The family had eaten and was packing the dishes and chopsticks. Someone outside the house was shouting, "Is there a rich family, at home?" Hearing the voice like the secretary of his village, Ji Qiubai could almost remember the voice he had heard. Which is which.

Ji Mu replied, opened the curtain and walked out, and after a short time, came in with a few more people.

When Ji Qiubai took a look, there were men and women in their village party secretary and several people in military uniforms.

"The eldest sister is here too." The village party secretary saw Ji Qiubai immediately greet her enthusiastically. Now who in the village does not know that the eldest sister of the Ji family has married a military cadre, it may be useful when the relationship is established.

Ji Qiubai nodded and looked at the men and women in military uniforms in confusion, "These are..."

A smiling flower opened on the village party secretary's face, "Come on, I will introduce you to these comrades. The recruits sent from above are responsible for this recruitment. They want to visit home. This is Comrade Xiao, this is Comrade Li, this is Comrade Lin, and this is Comrade Bai."

Ji Qiubai guessed their minds. Come one, and say hello to the few people one by one, the Ji mother next to her is full of doubts, "Comrade, no one in our family wants to be a soldier."

"That's it," before the village party secretary exited. The female comrade surnamed Bai spoke politely, "My name is Bai Rui, I am responsible for this recruitment of female soldiers. There is a relative named Ji Caifeng in your family who wants to be recruited as a soldier, right?"

Ji Mu He glanced at Ji Qiubai, and then said: "She is my niece."

Bai Rui smiled, his appearance was very pretty and pretty, "That's right, we are here to do a home visit for her conscription, but we have been here twice, there is no one at home, I heard that we went with relatives, in order to Make sure that the conscription work goes smoothly and don't miss the good seedlings who want to serve the country, so we came to you."

Ji Mu suddenly realized, "Oh, those comrades sit inside, sit inside ." Ji

Qiubai asked Ji Qiulei to move in. A stool, after everyone sits down.

Barry took out a record book and said to them very politely: "We do things according to the procedures, just understand the basic situation, you don't need to be too nervous."

Ji Mu smiled and said: "We should cooperate with the government in doing things. You can ask, I will say if I know."

Hearing her words, the village party secretary who had been watching by the side heaved a sigh of relief. He was afraid that Ji Mu would just say that he didn't know and would drive people out. After all It's a well-known fact that the two of them are guilty.

The other party really only asked for some basic information, most of which were known to Ji Mu, and she had nothing to conceal. She said one by one, and finally Barry asked, "Is she willing to serve as a soldier?"

"This... ...?" Ji Mu was not sure to answer. She heard Liu Cai said that her daughter wanted to be a soldier, but she didn't know if she was willing to do so.

Bai Bairui's writing speed slowed down, and he asked again, "Is Ji Caifeng volunteering to serve as a soldier?" This is a very critical item. In a larger sense, it is a question of political thought.

Ji Mu is an honest person, "I heard her mother say that my niece wants to be a soldier, but I haven't heard of what she thinks."

Bai Rui frowned slightly, and Ji Qiubai caught it all at once. Thinking of what Ji's mother had told her about the situation of her uncle's family and the situation when Liu Cai came to her for help, she added, "As far as I know, my cousin wants to be a soldier..."

But before she could finish her words, a person ran outside the house and attracted everyone's attention. The other person was holding the door frame and panting, "Comrade People's Liberation Army, I...I'm Ji Caifeng's mother, Caifeng and she ... is coming from behind."

The master came, and she didn't need to guess wildly, Ji Qiubai shut up very simply.

Bai Rui frowned and looked at the village party secretary and Ji Mu. Ji Mu hurriedly said, "Yes, she is Ji Caifeng 's mother." Liu Cai is accustomed to words and expressions. Seeing Bai Rui wearing a military uniform and holding a small notebook , she immediately settled down. Knowing that this must be the person in charge, she walked in without waiting for her breath, with a humble smile on her face, "Hello, Comrade People's Liberation Army."

Bai Rui glanced at her and said flatly, "Just right , We have some information from you."

Liu Cai immediately said: "Comrades, please do not hesitate to ask." 

"Is your daughter willing to serve as a soldier?"

Liu Cai did not want to say: "It must be voluntary, let's fight with Caifeng. She admired soldiers when she was young, and kept saying that she had to be a female soldier to reimburse the motherland when I grew up."

At this time, Liu Caifeng, no, now is called Ji Caifeng, and her surname has changed since she returned to her biological parents. I saw her slowly walking in from outside.

"Caifeng, come, you told the comrades of the People's Liberation Army that you volunteered to be a soldier." Liu Cai anxiously waved to her daughter to pass.

A trace of disapproval flashed across Ji Caifeng's face, but in the end she lowered her head and walked to her side. Bai Rui looked at her, and when she walked over, she asked her cheerfully, "Ji Caifeng, are you willing to serve as a soldier?"

Ji Caifeng raised her head, her mouth squirmed and she didn't speak, and her waist immediately hurt. She almost couldn't help but exclaimed. Liu Cai smiled and explained to Bai Rui: "This child is afraid of birth."

Ji Caifeng finally said. "I do it voluntarily."

Liu Cai breathed a sigh of relief at once.