Chapter 23: Harvest 3

In order to save money, only a kerosene lamp was lit in Ji Mu's room, and the dizzy yellow light jumped brightly and darkly, and the hesitation against Ji Mu's face stopped.

Ji Qiubai sat down on the edge of the bed, looked up and saw Ji Mu's tangled look when she had something to say but didn't know how to speak, and asked strangely: "Mom, what's the matter with you?"

Ji Mu pulled the only chair in the house and sat down. In front of Ji Qiubai, he reached out to touch her delicate and clean face, sighed for a while, and said, "Big sister, mom has something to tell you."

Ji Qiubai beat the drum in his heart and smiled: " What's so serious?"

Ji Mu pondered for a while, and finally said: "Just now your grandmother told me to find a good door for you."

Ji Qiubai froze for a moment, and then realized that looking for the door means looking for her husband's house. So the whole person suddenly became embarrassed. Although she was 30+ in her heart, she didn't even have an adult body. Now I'm asking if people will destroy the country's seedlings too much!

The mother of Ji looked at her daughter in a daze, feeling a little uneasy, and continued: "Your grandmother has taken a fancy to a family in Shangyuan Village. Her son is a soldier in the army, and her family is a widow. The population is simple and the family environment is also good."

Ji Qiu Bai

returned to his senses and couldn't laugh or cry: "Mom, I'm only seventeen, so I don't need to marry so early." Ji Mu: "Seventeen is not too young anymore, isn't the girl from the Rong family, the driver in the east of the village, your classmate?" They talked about other people the year before last, and they will be going out at the end of this year. Mom doesn't want you to get married at once, but talk about good people first, and wait until you reach your age before going out. The country girls marry early. The situation in our family is waiting. It will be too late if you plan to come again at the age of 20. You can find a good man at that time, and your whole life will be over." Ji Mu thinks that the greatest happiness in a woman's life lies in a man. .

Although Ji Qiubai came out halfway through, she also knows that girls of this era, especially rural girls, not only read less, and can count them with a slap in a village like her who can read to high school. This is also Ji Dad. I didn't care about the results of the villagers' persuasion that they would confess their children to their children. I also married early. I didn't talk about other people after I was 20 years old. The gossip would be a lot of unpleasant gossip. If I don't get married right away. If you give birth to a son, rumors behind your back can pierce your spine.

Ji Qiubai was silent, and his mother struck the iron while it was hot, and continued: "It is said that their son has been in the army all year round, and he is also at home within a few days. When his daughter married, she was purely serving him to serve the widow, but your grandmother inquired clearly. , The mother's age is not high, she has good hands and feet, and although she is a foreigner, the family environment is better than many people. The son is not only handsome but also a promising man. When an officer in the army, even the mayor has to give It's a bit of face, so many people are vying to marry their daughters. If you do, not to mention how good it is for our family, at least you can take care of your brothers and sisters in the future." Ji Qiu Baihan said

, "The conditions of the family. So good, how can you look at your daughter, we don't have to go to be boring."

Ji Mu said indifferently: "Well, let's talk about it when we meet, let's talk about it, let's talk about it, let's hear your grandma say that people don't care about the wife's family. As long as you have a good temper and know how to be thrifty and keep your family filial to your elders, who can compare to you." Ji Qiubai looked at Ji's ardent eyes, and then swallowed the refusal . Why didn't she understand Ji's wishes? It's obvious to all that the widow's environment is bad. There is always a lot of right and wrong in front of the widow, and there is no man in the family who can't even speak in the village. If he is bullied, he can only suffer a dark loss. Ji Mu wants to tell her that she has a face. Parents, such a family can only stand upright in the village, and I also feel that the situation at home is dragging her down. I don't plan to wait for 20 to find a satisfactory husband's family. In fact, Ji Qiubai really wants to tell Ji's mother that they don't need men, their lives will be better, and times will change. Women's happiness is not only given by men, but she also knows in her heart that even if these are said, they cannot be convinced. Ji Mu's, after all, these are all imaginary to them.

Ji Qiubai finally nodded, so happy that Ji's mother saw her teeth out of sight: "Then I will go back to your grandmother tomorrow, and the two families will make an appointment."

Ji Qiubai felt awkward, but it would not be good if she had agreed. Feel free to regret it, and when the time comes, let's see and dismantle it, and when you meet, you will settle Ji Mu's heart.

————

The next day Ji Qiubai woke up early. After a simple breakfast, she put on a small basket and a straw hat in advance and rushed to the orchard. Today, if someone is going to see the fruit, she has to come early and prepare.

Farmers pay attention to the sunrise and the harvest. Although it is still early, many people are already busy harvesting vegetables and melons in their fields. They are all going to catch the morning market of the wholesale market. Ji Qiubai walked along. , And saw many well-known aunts and uncles.

When he arrived in the orchard, Ji Qiubai handed Feng Fugui the breakfast he had brought. Because someone came to see the fruit today, Feng Fugui did not go home as soon as Ji Qiubai came.

Sitting on the gray floor in front of the tiled house, Feng Fugui quickly chewed on a few tortillas, while pointing at the ashes left by the burnt grass on the corner of the wall: "Sister, sprinkle all the ashes on the tree roots. The late-cut ones are spread out and dried before being burned."

Ji Qiubai nodded, quickly picked up the small dustpan to sweep the dust, and then covered it little by little on the heads of nearby fruit trees.

"By the way, I walked around the garden this morning and picked a lot of amaranths and put them on the Wafang Kang. You remember to take them home." Feng Fugui took the water bottle next to him, raised his neck and took a big sip , The tortillas are too dry.

Amaranth is a common wild vegetable. The cold salad is smooth in the mouth, and the soup has a light taste. Many people will pick it home and cook when they see it. Ji Qiubai nodded, and the two of them took home the usual things like this, and soon it was the time agreed with each other.

The other party drove a small white truck, and the car drove directly to their orchard door along the grassy gravel road. In addition to Boss Zhang himself, he also brought several people, including both men and women.

Boss Zhang is a shrewd-looking middle-aged man in his forties. He enthusiastically shook Feng Fugui's hand when he got out of the car and said hello, so that Feng Fugui, a farmer who had never seen the world, was flattered. of.

The two sides greeted each other briefly and walked into the orchard.

Now that Ji's orchard has undergone some transformation by Jiqiubai, it is no longer desolate and sparse. Instead, it is full of vitality, the weeds have been removed, and all the fruit trees have been neatly built. It is full of harvest fruits. From time to time, bees can be seen buzzing around the branches, and the air is mixed with the smell of earth and the fragrance of fruits.

Boss Zhang's eyes clearly brightened when he came in. After walking around the garden, his face was even more smiling. Ji Qiubai brought the fruit stalks, and picked a lot of every kind of fruit to let everyone try it.

The lychee skin was thin, shiny and red. Boss Zhang peeled one off, and immediately revealed the full, crystal-like jade flesh. It looked very gratifying. He gave it to his mouth, and after a bite, it was sweet, creamy, plump, juicy and sweet immediately. It fills the mouth, not only that, but the pit is also very small, almost all of it is fleshy.

"Good lychee!" Boss Zhang exclaimed, then picked up the second one. "I heard that you are taking care of this orchard." He looked at Ji Qiubai and said.

Feng Fugui immediately interjected: "Boss Zhang, it's not that I am boasting. My niece is capable. Although she is a girl, she takes care of the garden with one hand and one foot. She has a lot of experience when it comes to planting fruits. The fruit grower of her is not as good as her." The honest and honest face was full of pride.

Boss Zhang chuckled, "Awesome, awesome, □ Sure enough, women can hold up half of the sky."

Ji Qiubai calmly accepted the compliments from everyone with a thick old face. She studied this in her previous life, plus the artifact space. In hand, if she couldn't handle it, she would really have to have a cesarean section and apologize. Everyone looked at her, although she was young, but her face was neither humble nor overbearing and composed, but their hearts rose a lot of favor.

Now that they are satisfied, the next step is to discuss the price. The two parties did not pay too much attention to it. Feng Fugui directly took out a few stools from the small tiled house, and then the two sides sat down and began to negotiate the price, and thus entered a long tug of war.

Boss Zhang has been a fruit wholesaler for more than ten years. He has a vicious eye and naturally knows that good quality fruits are sold without worries, so this batch of fruits is bound to be taken down. However, he must try his best to fight for his own interests in business. ; And Ji Qiubai is confident in the quality of her own fruits and has an ideal price in her heart, and she can see that Boss Zhang is determined to get their fruits, so she is not willing to step back easily.

In the end, after talking for more than an hour, the two sides still made a move and set the price of two yuan for lychee, two yuan for longan, two yuan for yellow skin, three to five cents higher than the current average price, don't underestimate it. These three and fifty cents, just like that, Ji Qiubai and his family are estimated to have an extra income this year.

In the end, the two parties also settled the payment for picking fruits and loading the truck the day after tomorrow.