Chapter 24

Ji Qiubai announced the good news of selling fruit as soon as he returned home at night. The family was so happy that it was the day after tomorrow. Ji Qiulei and Ji Qiuhong also said that they must ask for leave to help at home that day, but Ji Qiubai did not agree. Feng Lao on the day the fruit was sold Taihe Feng Fugui and his wife would come to help. If they had enough manpower, the two younger ones couldn't help much, and their final exams were coming soon, so of course they had to go to class.

Ji Qiulei and Ji Qiuhong puffed out their faces when they were rejected, but their eldest sister always said that they were the same, so they had no choice but to comfort each other to be home soon after school that day.

After the meal, Ji Mu asked Ji Qiuhong to take a small clay pot to help her make the medicine, and at the same time called Ji Qiubai aside.

It turned out that the time for the blind date was set.

Because the other party's son will return to the army in a few days, time is very tight, so the time for the two parties to meet is the day after tomorrow, and the other party will come to see each other.

Ji Qiubai nodded indifferently, anyway, for her, this blind date was just a formality.

But I didn't expect that the next day before it was clear, she was picked up by Ji's mother, dressed in a dazed manner, and then dragged to the entrance of the village, and then took a small broken bus and drove all the way to the town. , When she was fully awake, she was already dragged by Ji Mu and Feng Lao around the crowd in the market.

I'm going, what do I do? Ji Qiubai watched as hell as Ji Mu holding a red and green dress and gesturing towards her, and then exchanging opinions with the old lady Feng beside him, and after the gesture was over, he picked up another one and gestured to her.

Seeing Ji Qiubai's eyes widened, Ji Mu didn't stop her hand movements, and smiled, "Are you awake, look, do you like it?"

Ji Qiubai looked at the big red and green clothes in Ji Mu's hand. , A group of grass mud horses whizzed past in my heart, I am going, is this a big show, but what is this, suddenly I bought her new clothes! She hasn't worn new clothes for many years. Before, she always wore the changed clothes that Ji Mu wore when she was young.

Seeing Ji Qiubai's confused expression, Mrs. Feng smiled and said, "I will come to see you tomorrow, so I don't have to dress up, buy a new glamorous dress."

Ji Qiubai felt helpless when she came to understand, and she helped her forehead: "Grandma, I just need to wear ordinary clothes, which is so troublesome."

Mrs. Feng disagreed. "On such an important occasion, people who wear ordinary clothes and shabby old people think you don't value this marriage. "

Ji Mu also nodded and agreed: "Yes, how can you fool around with major events in life? If you have to work in the field without trimming, it is sloppy and sloppy. Today, you have to listen to what mom and grandma say."

Ji Qiu Baiyi Opening his mouth, I couldn't talk twice, so I had to treat myself as a wooden person and let the two of them fiddle with each other, holding one piece of clothing and making gestures on him.

Finally, Ji Mu, holding a big red neckline and embroidered with plum blossoms, asked her: "Do you like this one?"

Ji Qiu said weakly: "Mom, we are not going to sing a big show, this one is too grand. "Why are the eyes of the older generation so consistent, either red or green."

Ji Mu disapproved: "Where is the grandeur, red looks so happy, and you look so good." Old lady Feng also nodded in agreement, even the aunt selling clothes sighed endlessly.

As soon as possible, Ji Qiubai was very resistant to the drama-like clothes, but at the insistence of Ji Mu and Mrs. Feng, he bought it, and it was not cheap. It cost 25 yuan, enough for their family to eat meat for two weeks. , I saw Ji Qiubai's flesh hurt for a while, relying on Ji's mother's penny to wait to break Bahuahua's temper, this time it was really cut off.

After buying the clothes, Ji Qiubai was dragged by the two to the supply and marketing agency to buy cigarettes, alcohol, and snacks. After the purchase, he went to the meat stand and bought some meat. The money went out with a splash. Seeing Ji Qiubai was shocked. The last two actually bought her a box of the most popular balsam for wiping face and hands.

So, are her mother and her grandmother making money?

————

After shopping, Mrs. Feng went home. When Ji Qiubai and Ji Mu returned to Jijia Village with big bags and small bags, it was already noon. The hot sun made both people feel a little sluggish. Party secretary from the village. When passing by, the wife of the village party secretary, Ji San, ran out, followed by several sisters and aunts from the same village. After stopping them, her shrewd eyes glanced over the big and small bags in their hands, as if inadvertently asked: " There is a rich family, did you go to the fair? What good things did you buy?"

Mother Ji smiled, "How can there be any good things, just some oil, salt, sauce and vinegar."

Aunt Ji San laughed inwardly, if she hadn't listened to it. With a little wind, she might be fooled, so she deliberately increased her voice, "There is a rich family, I heard that someone from Shangyuan Village next door is coming to meet your girl? Is it true? I heard that. The son is still a cadre in the army?"

Ji Qiubai was dumbfounded, this news spread too fast, right.

Ji Mu still smiled: "The news about my sister-in-law is the most informed, and I can't hide

anything from you." "That's true? The eldest sister is really blessed. When will you come to see me? Shall we give the palm to the eye?" Aunt Ji San got excited, and the aunts behind her were also excited, you said each sentence and I said one sentence by one sentence.

Mother Ji stretched out her hand to draw her hair, and smiled and said, "This matter hasn't changed the horoscope yet."

At this time, the village's famous aunt Li San with broken mouth and acrimony, pinched her throat and said in a weird manner: "Oh, don't Is there something wrong or missing parts, otherwise, why would you come to see your girl?" As soon as these words fell, everyone looked at each other and kept silent. Although Ji Mu is famous for her temperament and softness. Fortunately, if it's her own child, she would dare to fight you hard, she saw her face sinking: "Sister-in-law, what did you say?! What's wrong with my girl? You have to be so ruined by you, affection for my girl. In your eyes, you are only worthy of marrying someone who lacks arms and legs, and you are not afraid of people's jokes when you say it!"

Aunt Lisan had come to work as a matchmaker for Ji Qiubai before. It was not long after Ji Youfu went to introduce a family in Stone Village next door, a 30-year-old lame bachelor whose family was too poor. , Said she was willing to give the woman a gift of 3,000 yuan, but she was bombarded by Ji Mu directly. No one in the whole village didn't know about this, and they all told her that Aunt Li was not kind.

Aunt Ji San saw the scene froze and hurriedly rounded it off: "The Lisan family is joking. Don't take it to heart if you have a rich family. Your eldest sister is the one we looked at. She is the best, and she is naturally worthy of being a good family. ."

Aunt Li San looked upset and deliberate, but she was caught by a few behind her, and she had to bit her lip.

Ji Mu stared at the sad aunt Li San's face still not very good, nodded to Ji San, then turned to Ji Qiubai and said: "Big sister, let's go home." Ji Qiubai

has long been impatient with this group. The famous long-tongued woman in the village was there, but because of the face of the elders, she kept silent. At this time, she heard Ji Mu's words and hurried to follow.

————The

date of blind date soon arrived. Even though Ji Qiubai was reluctant, she was picked up by her mother early in the morning, shaking the big red plum shirt and asking her to wear it, and then put it on again. I found a pair of pretty blue trousers at the bottom of the box and asked her to change it, and ordered that she never take it off. Finally, she took out the box of balsam she bought yesterday and wiped it on her face.

When Ji Qiubai woke up, the whole person had been slapped up and down by the mother of Ji. She looked at the peasant girl in the mirror with pigtails, blushing face and red coat, her face was extremely wonderful, but she did not dare to defy. Mother's intention to replace them, I just hope to hurry over today.

The appointment time between the two families was 10 o'clock. Ji's mother had prepared everything that should be prepared early. The two younger ones did not go to school. Because there was no man in the family, the mother-in-law and the uncle's family had a bad relationship with her family. I invited my old lady Feng and my elder brother Feng Fugui and his wife to come over to accompany the guests. They also arrived early, and now everything is ready and only owes east wind.

However, time passed by. Seeing that 10:30 had passed, the other party did not even have a shadow. Ji Mu, her sister-in-law, Lu Hehua, and Mrs. Feng started to circle in a hurry in the house, Ji Qiulei and Ji Qiuhong also took turns to go out to see if anyone had arrived.

The calmest thing in the whole house is Ji Qiubai. Because Ji Mu didn't let her do anything today, she had to stay in the room, and she would only be in a daze if she couldn't enter the space. There was no expectation and shyness of an upcoming blind date.

Finally, it was almost 11:30, just as Ji Qiubai was hesitating whether to change his clothes, there was a roar of the car engine outside the house, and then the loud voice of Mrs. Feng came from a distance: "Leizi, hurry up Go and call your eldest sister to come out, the guests are here!"

Then there was a tumultuous flutter, and soon the curtain of the room door was opened with a hurling, Ji Qiulei ran in violently, and said loudly: "Eldest sister, grandma is calling you out, The guests are here."

Ji Qiubai nodded expressionlessly to indicate that he knew, then stood up and pulled the big red clothes on him, and walked out as if he was dead.

After leaving the door, everyone gathered at the door. Mrs. Feng was regarded as an old elder, so she stayed in the front room and waited. Seeing her, she pointed to the door of the front room and said, "Just wait at the door. Exit the hospital."

Ji Qiubai immediately understood Mrs. Feng's intentions, and waited at the door to show respect for each other. Not leaving the hospital is reserved for a girl. Countless facts have proved that it is absolutely impossible for a woman to catch up too much!