the breadwinners

R̆̈ŏ̈s̆̈ĕ̈m̆̈ă̈r̆̈y̆̈
c̆̈ŏ̈ŭ̈r̆̈t̆̈ d̆̈ă̈y̆̈ #2
M̆̈ă̈y̆̈ 21ˢᵗ

I got dressed and smiled.

I smiled and walked downstairs

I smiled and walked downstairs. I heard footsteps. I smiled and opened the door. I turned around and seen my honeybear.

 I turned around and seen my honeybear

"I'm scared, Rose" he told me. "Why?" I asked him. "What if they won't let me divorce her and won't believe me?" He asked, panicking.

I held his hand, snapping him out of it. "You got this, mi amor. It's all gonna be worth it in the end" I told him. He smiled softly and hugged me.

"Let's go" he said. We arrived to the courthouse and I sat behind him. Questions rolled around as far as the restraining order and protection order.

I was called up to the stand. "Who are you to Mr. Brown?" The man asked me. "I'm his girlfriend and baby momma, he's my social worker" I said.

"So Mr. Brown let us see your files and in your first file, it reveals some things that has to be known about you. It says that you have been raped and abused, so how long has this happened?" He asked me.

"I was raped since I was 15, but abused since I was about 12 or 13" I said. "So you're not worried about if Mr. Brown was to put his hands on you?" He asked me.

"Why would he put his hands and the girl carrying his child unless he has to do self defense if she was putting him in danger? I would never put my hands on Brandon because we respect each other.

Although, I can't say much for his wife. She did basically threaten me on the phone when we didn't know I was pregnant" I stated in calm yet warning tone.

People looked around and talked in confusion. "No more questions" the man said. I walked off the stand and walked to Brandon. He hugged me really tight and held me.

"Thank you so much" he said. I nodded and smiled. "Only for you, love" I told him. I sat behind him and noticed the wife was by herself. Pathetic. I shook my head as she was called up to the stand.

She stuttered and rambled over her words. I shook my head, trying not to laugh.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯.

I was shocked when they played clips of videos, one specifically scaring me: her and Jacob.

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛: "𝐒𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨?"

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚: "𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚. 𝐁𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬."

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛: "𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠? 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭."

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚: "𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩. 𝐃𝐨 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲."

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛: *𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐬* "𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦?"

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚: *𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐲* "𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐢𝐦. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦. 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞!"

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛: *𝐓𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝* "𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐭?"

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚: *𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤* "𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐭."

🇪 🇳 🇩  🇴 🇫  🇻 🇮 🇩 🇪 🇴 

I was scared, David grabbing my hand. I laid my head on his shoulder and security grabbed her, pulling her out the stand.

"So not only will the orders and divorce go through, but you'll also be in jail with your friend. You will pay them $500,000,000, case dismissed" the judge said.

I stood up grabbing my purse. I turned around and seem David smiling. "I told you that we'd win" I said. He immediately kissed me and we left.

T̺͆h̺͆a̺͆t̺͆ m̺͆e̺͆a̺͆n̺͆s̺͆ w̺͆e̺͆ c̺͆a̺͆n̺͆ f̺͆i̺͆n̺͆a̺͆l̺͆l̺͆y̺͆ g̺͆o̺͆ o̺͆n̺͆ v̺͆a̺͆c̺͆a̺͆t̺͆i̺͆o̺͆n̺͆ a̺͆n̺͆d̺͆ r̺͆e̺͆l̺͆a̺͆x̺͆.