the date

ᖇOՏᗴᗰᗩᖇY

I pulled off, tears falling from my face. I can't believe David didn't tell me he was married. I can't believe I even fell in love with him. I stopped at a store and stayed in the car.

I looked down at my phone.

𝔍𝔞𝔠𝔬𝔟: 𝔥𝔢𝔶, 𝔡𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔬 𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱?

ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢: 𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔢, ℑ 𝔴𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔡

𝔍𝔞𝔳𝔬𝔟: 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱'𝔰 𝔞 𝔤𝔬𝔬𝔡 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲?

ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢: 8:30

𝔍𝔞𝔠𝔬𝔟: 👍

I went home and got ready. It's 7:30 right now, so it's okay. I got dressed, did my makeup and sat down.

I walked downstairs and heard a knock at the door

I walked downstairs and heard a knock at the door. I smiled, seeing Jacob.

 I smiled, seeing Jacob

"Hey Jake" I said. "Hey Rose. You're even more beautiful in person" he said. I smiled and got in the car with him. He drove off and we arrived to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

I took a seat and smiled. I pulled my phone out and seen a message from David. I rolled my eyes.

𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗿: 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂?

𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮: 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲? 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲. 𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗶𝗱, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲.

𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗿: 𝗜'𝗺 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗲, 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻. 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗜 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲.

𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮: 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲?

𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗿: 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜 𝗱𝗼, 𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗲. 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲.

𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮: 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗻𝗼𝘄, 𝗜'𝗺 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲.

𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗿: 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘄𝗵𝗼? 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝘁? 𝗜'𝗺 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘆

𝗽𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮: 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴

𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗿: 𝗻𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗜'𝗺 𝗻𝗼𝘁. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗻𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗱, 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁? 𝗦𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿.

Damn, I ain't think about it like that. Jacob prolly ain't ready to be a dad. I looked down as I ate, eyes glossy. Do I really want to leave David? I mean yeah, I'm mad at him.

But he's fun and bomb. He's caring and cared more about my body. He cared about my personality and cared to help me find my family.

Does Jacob only care about my body and not like me for my mind and how witty I am? Afterwards, we left and I was so scared. I just wanted to go home.

"Leave me alone" I said. He didn't and grabbed my thigh. I eventually pushed him and took off my seatbelt. I jumped out the moving car and cried in silence.

I pulled out my phone to call David.

Ⓓ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓥ︎Ⓘ︎Ⓓ︎

I heard phone ring and picked it up. I answered and heard Rose. "David, I'm scared. Can you please come and get me?" She asked me. "What happened?" I asked her.

"I think he tried to rape me. I told him to stop touching me and he wouldn't. I'm so scared, David" she told me. I nodded. "I'm on my way, stay on the line" I told her.

We continued to talk until I got to where she was. She quickly got in the car and hugged me tight in her arms. "Thank you" she said, voice cracking.

I nodded and softly held her before taking off. She covered her face and cried in her hands in embarrassment. "You need to be more careful.

Not everybody loves you for your brains" I softly said to her. "I'm so embarrassed. If I had known that he was gonna do that, I wouldn't have agreed to the stupid date" she said.

"It's not you, it's him. He's the one that didn't want to look at you for your mind, body and soul like I could. You need someone that care about you" I told her.

She nodded and stayed silent. I don't blame her, she's probably rattled and don't want to talk about it. I would be too if I was in her position.